Its ofical, pybmy Chams are lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! In fact, I have an empty 2x2 Exo sitting right next to the one the Brevs I picked up 2 weeks ago, are in.

If you're close... I have the space :)

Last edited:
OP has an opinion, probably has realized everyone else has one as well.

I think that's settled.

OP, I hope you find a reptile that is more suiting to your tastes and do research prior to purchase. Best of luck.

Enough heat guys, how about people offer to adopt these guys. I for one would love to take them off your hands. Not that I'm not upset by what you posted, but I'm trying to look out for the little guys that need some love.

People have offered! Enough pyg bashing, and just sell them to someone who will appreciate them. As you can see from this thread, there are many of us.

Pygmys as a beginner species? I can agree with that about as much as I can agree with a sternfeldi LOL.

Not to mention they are most of the time WC. If they are healthy when they come in they are still a short lived animal. Whether its in bad condition or just near the end of its life, dying on a beginner in a month or two or less is not very fulfilling for your first chameleon.

JMHO

My first chams were pygs and sternfeldi -- both species wc. None of them lame or boring :)

I think you got the goal of owning a reptile upside down. The fun part is supposed to be the challenge of creating a mini jungle and having the animal thrive in a controlled area.

I found my chameleon to lack of exitement also, thats why I got a frilly! :)

i agree, one of the most rewarding parts of exotic keeping is looking at the enclosure when it's done. there is nothing more fun than re-creating where they came from and having a part of madagascar, tanzania, hawaii, etc in your room.

TO FORUM AND O.P
i also want to add that nocturnal animals are just as fun and amusing to keep. are you that burnt out by "lights out" that you cant stay up to watch them? i love watching my cresties and red eye tree frog at night. my tokay is kind of lazy, but all else is very active.

uromastyx
beardies
water dragons
skinks

just to name a few herps that are nice and active and easy to care for since you seem like a cliche guy.

Fishchum, what's more lame, the pygmys or the guy who bought them just for the hell of it despite wanting veileds?
p.s snakes are not so exciting, they do less than chams for the most part.
you strike me as a bored non pet peson trying to fill the void with a precession of unfortunate animals. No animal is going to 'cut it' for you if your not genuinely interested to begin with.
Get a new hobby that dosent involve living things.

Sorry you feel that way! This may just so to speak not be your type of Cham (or per your cup of coffee). I have always wanted to have the colorful artsy Chameleon perhaps you chose the wrong local! Hope you either begin to appreciate them for what and who they are or find an awesome home for them. Gd luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom