Its not as bad as it sounds!

Humpy0067

Hello all. My name is Gary. I just turned 22 in april, and today I purchased my first chameleon. I have always browsed this forum but decided to pull the pin and join after buying "Rango" (my gfs name for him) My name for him is Bellatrix. But my nickname humpy comes from my days of highschool football its a shorter version of my last name, Humphrey, so its nothing bad lol. But anyway I play competitive paintball. Great stress reliever. but if there is anything else you would like to know about me just ask. im am open pamphlet....cant be an open book too boring lol

DanSB

Avid Member
Welcome to the forums!

Rango is a fun movie and is a great name, it is so great that every 4th chameleon is using it. Use your name, much cooler! :)

Either way, welcome!

Humpy0067

Here is a terrible cell phone picture of Bellatrix. His colors are a lot brighter than what the picture shows. His head has a pink outline it looks cool as the other side of the pillow.

2unxdvp.jpg

Humpy0067

I got him last night. I was told he is about 1 year old. idk why but I cant get him to drink anything. or atleast I haven't seen him drink anything. he ate earlier when I gave him a cricket but wont drink.

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
You may not see him drink very often, some chameleons can be very secretive. That's why most of us rely on checking the color of their urates to see where they are, hydration wise. But just spray down his cage very well and he's probably drinking, just not while you're watching.

melmelion

dont worrie bout the drinking thing... my cham hates todrink when im watching...... shes just wierd like that!:D btw welcome to the forums! belletrix/humpy/rango looks amazing!

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
Yellow means he's dehydrated, idealy you want them to be white. But I'm not surprised, he may not have gotten very much water the day or two before you got him, depending on where you got him from. Just keep providing water (3-4 mists during the day, for example) and make sure your insects are also well hydrated (give them lots of fresh veggies and fruit).

Humpy0067

idk what happened but bellatrix died this morning. i did everything i was supposed to do. i guess thats why u dont buy from craigslist

Olimpia

Biologist & Ecologist
Woah! What a shocker, I thought he looked great in the photos from yesterday. I'm so sorry to hear this, seriously.

Humpy0067

yeah idk what happened he looked fine and was hunting food when i first got up and four hours later he is dead....well not buyin anymore animals off craigslist

DanSB

Avid Member
Sorry to hear the bad news.

That's the problem when you buy a Cham from any source that doesn't have a good reputation, without knowing the history and care it is a real gamble.

If you decide to find a new one (you already have the set up) be sure to sterilize the old equipment well because you don't know what happened and if it was something contagious you want to make sure it is all killed off.

There are a lot of veileds who need good homes!

Humpy0067

I think what may have killed him is that I moved him too much. I had to move him from my moms to my girlfriends and not to mention when I got him. so im sure the guy the guy was stressed a ton. But im already looking for another one. idk if I want get another baby veiled or a jacksons. What I don't get is why he didn't change to like a dark color when he died. instead he was brightly colored.

Top Bottom