IT'S ME! Late Introduction and Link to my Blog With Cool Pix

Seeco

Avid Member
Meet your breeder!

Hi, after several years here I have decided to introduce myself! I have added blog entries with pics from my other hobbies here:https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/seeco/

Here's a teaser to get you to go to the blog:
6047202239_9774a199ca_b.jpg

As you probably know I breed chameleons, exclusively Kinyongia multituberculata. My other hobbies are, in order of importance (or time consumed!): Surfing and bodysurfing (no board just fins), freediving (diving and hunting stuff without scuba), gardening.

The blog does not have text yet but I will elaborate as I add stuff. I don't use any social networking sites so you guys are my online community! Pleasure to meet you:D

Check me out: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/seeco/

Yeah, each of those pics is a different season's garden. Right now there are beans and cantaloupe just sprouting! Look closely at the irrigation system for chameleon watering ideas!
Lettuce sprouts. Just turn this upside down and you have the ultimate mist and drip system;
6047610131_db61beb0fa_b.jpg

im the pics under the chamleon sign there were so many cute little chams. do you breed all of them?

Yup, sure did! I had babies from all 6 of my lines, about 30 animals, plus 5 or so WC animals from my original colony. Now I have no WC animals at all!
6049588739_fc21003f08_b.jpg

Louis, I love you to death even if you are a nut. It is a bit late to tell people who you are but whatever. I can not even fathom how you are caring for all your chams. I was up to 23 at one point and it took me most of the day.

Don't show any more diving pictures. Before I move here we almost lived in the water at Diver's cove or catalina. I so miss the ocean.

we almost lived in the water at Diver's cove or catalina. I so miss the ocean.

Oh no way! One of my dreams is to make, like how some people have a koi pond, a living Pacific tide pool with Garabaldi and seastars and a Sheepshead swimming around. Now that would be nuts!

Ha! I know exactly where you live now. Muwahahaha.... We really like the little, private beach at the end of your street. ;)

6047622260_c194645f7c_b.jpg

Hahaha you bastard! Fortunately my chameleons are worthless ;) If you are in the area just knock. I'm gonna share my caging techniques with the community soon so no reason to keep things secret anymore.

Right on, may just have to do that. My fiance used to live right around the corner from you on P.L.A. Now we're about 12 blocks north on the other side of "the area." :cool:

I'm incredibly jealous of the greenery you have. I love gardening and similar, just don't have the climate/weather for it. :(

Have you ever seen a great white while diving? My cousin saw one while diving of the coast of Santa Barbara. Being that close to the oceans got to produce some great chameleon keeping conditions. Mild temperatures and some humidity. Which would definitely lower your electricity bill. Speaking of which a lower electricity bill would be great for the greenhouse especially this time of year.

Last edited:
Ya and MY LANDLADY PAYS THE WATER BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I use a lot of mist, primarily for cooling this time of year. Even the cages in the garage only need a window fan on a timer for the hottest part of the day. In the winter the outside guys still get no electricity/heat but I do mist with hot water.

As for great whites -- no. I had the back of a surfboard bitten off once... by a seal!

I speared a white sea bass a few months ago. It tangled horribly in the kelp. I even lost my gun and the fish (attached) for about 10 minutes. Thrashing around and diving 20 times to free it brought in at least 3 sharks. They were circling on the bottom (never saw more than 2 at a time but there could have been 10 because the horrible visibility only allowed me to see about 5 ft in any direction). After that I just cut my line and pulled up the gun and the fish separately :eek:

I had the opportunity to keep chameleons while living along the coast of Malibu. It was great weather for them. I had a batch of baby pardalis and would take them to the beach and draw a crowd of corporate executives. Which was kind of neat. Sad to say though if your are ever tempted to feed kelp flies to baby chameleons (was once recommend to me) don't. I offered some to some pardalis babies and it killed all of them. It was something I would gladly spare anyone else. A year after that they sited a Great White of one of the beaches I used to go to and close to a beach that I used to surf.

Sad to say though if your are ever tempted to feed kelp flies to baby chameleons (was once recommend to me) don't. I offered some to some pardalis babies and it killed all of them.

I ALWAYS think about doing that when I see them, but I always forget. Wow that was a close one thanks for the warning. I wonder what exactly killed them? Salts?

Why's that? Are you really high elevation? How about a nopales cactus farm :D
No, we're too far "down" in a valley to get much rain (all this concrete doesn't help).. and it doesn't help we only have one major water company in most of AZ.

Gotcha. Yeah my water is paid by the owner like I said above, but my neighbors are always comparing their water bills and complaining. Peanut farm.

Back
Top Bottom