It finally happened!!!

Pjtbug

Hi all,
I know I haven’t posted anything in a while, I’ve been a little busy with work. I just want to share some important news. Today is the first day that charmeleon has actually climbed onto my hand. I was doing my daily routine, turning on his light, refilling the mister, and feeding. I always try to hand feed at least one cricket a day so he gets used to my hand, but today is Saturday, so he gets a super worm as a treat, and those I always hand feed. I thought I’d try to do what several people on here suggested and I put the super worm just out of reach. I could see that he was very hesitant, but after a few seconds he’s walked out onto my hand and got his worm! I couldn’t believe it! :0 He’s always getting super territorial whenever someone gets close to his cage so I didn’t expect it at all! I only had him out of his cage for about minute since I could tell he looked pretty scared. I still can’t believe it happened. I attached a picture of him all grumpy and territorial when I usually do stuff with his cage. Anyway, that’s all I had to say. I hope all of you are having a great weekend!

Attachments

• 8580D19A-5E2A-4C7D-A8A1-E4C99595BAEF.jpeg
    8580D19A-5E2A-4C7D-A8A1-E4C99595BAEF.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 77
Wooohoo!!! I’m still struggling lol. Skittles runs to the back of the cage any time he sees me walk into the room :( At least he hand feeds sometimes, but there’s barely been any progress.. he’s terrified of people.

Love the pic by the way, he’s super handsome!! :)

Wooohoo!!! I’m still struggling lol. Skittles runs to the back of the cage any time he sees me walk into the room :( At least he hand feeds sometimes, but there’s barely been any progress.. he’s terrified of people.

Love the pic by the way, he’s super handsome!! :)
yeah, I know how you feel since charmeleon used to be the exact same way. I found that giving him a treat like a super worm once a week actually makes him like me a lot more, or I guess tolerate me. Really patience is key, it took three weeks for me to get this far, you just gotta keep trying!

yeah, I know how you feel since charmeleon used to be the exact same way. I found that giving him a treat like a super worm once a week actually makes him like me a lot more, or I guess tolerate me. Really patience is key, it took three weeks for me to get this far, you just gotta keep trying!

I attached a feeder plate to the very front of his cage, that way he has to come to the front even when I’m not there to get his food. Hoping this will eventually make him run to the front every time he sees me lol. Deep down I’ll know it’s because he wants his worms, but I can always tell myself it’s because he loves me :ROFLMAO::love:

Back
Top Bottom