It’s me again, the overly paranoid new keeper

Well, my poor sweet Hammlet had a casque that made a nice handle, but I think it was mostly just being touched and intruded upon that made him gape so I could get his meds in. Just aim towards the very back of the throat to avoid the airway in the front of the mouth.

Miss my shy boy. 😢

He sure was beautiful 💗

Will do. Thank you ❤️

It’s crazy when you realize how much you care about something so little. Their little personalities and actions just capture us completely!!😆 your doing great with him. 💙
Thank you so much! I feel like I’ve really exposed my crazy on here trying to figure things out 😆 but I’ve definitely learned a lot along the way, thanks to all of you!

I do have another question for anyone that may know more about baytril. I was just reading in another thread, where several people said that they would not recommend giving it more then 7-10 days.. (not a direct quote but somewhere in that range) Jebs vet has told me I need to give it to him for 22 😳

I’ve seen baytril prescribed for longer than 10 days a few times. It can depend on what bacteria you’re fighting sometimes.

Quick update as I have been able to observe Jeb a bit today (working the early shift) his tongue seems to be making a recovery!! I am curious if an under the skin injection can cause that or if it was just for some other unknown reason/ stress. He’s eating and I haven’t seen any gapping or unusual behaviours! He seems to be making quite the turn around!!!💚 I did some adjustments to my plant and basking light because I did not realise until reading someone else post with a similar situation that the plant light is also putting off heat, and that way hydration is safer. I just cant say thank you enough to this community for all their support and efforts to help ❣️ thank you from the bottom of my heart

0C78EF75-5C48-43C9-915D-1EA6B94BF38A.jpeg

still a little greyish on the back end but also suspect from injection? 💚

Quick update as I have been able to observe Jeb a bit today (working the early shift) his tongue seems to be making a recovery!! I am curious if an under the skin injection can cause that or if it was just for some other unknown reason/ stress. He’s eating and I haven’t seen any gapping or unusual behaviours! He seems to be making quite the turn around!!!💚 I did some adjustments to my plant and basking light because I did not realise until reading someone else post with a similar situation that the plant light is also putting off heat, and that way hydration is safer. I just cant say thank you enough to this community for all their support and efforts to help ❣️ thank you from the bottom of my heart
Stress in itself can really throw them off. But its really good that he is bouncing back.

Update on Jeb. He seems to be doing really good. Turns out he was likely reacting to the fogging at night and the increased moisture he was breathing in. I talked to a knowledgeable member who had the same issue with his panther chameleon when he started fogging. He was presenting as signs of URI but after rushing to emergency vet and getting meds I ended up giving it a couple days to adjust things and observe him and and never ended up giving him the meds. I am so glad I didn’t as it was definitely me over worrying again… but I also feel it was justified . Blah blah blah. I have however been noticing an orange tinge to his urates, someone had mentioned some feeders can dye it? Moral of the story chameleon keeping is like having a new born for me. Everyday I feel more confident though, I am glad I didn’t give him the medicine since I worry about stressing his kidneys. I appreciate every single person on here and all their knowledge, hopefully I continue to learn from all you KIND people and be able to pass on the knowledge some day! Thank you all for your patience, understanding and HELP ❤️

Welcome to the club, Paranoid new owner. We new owners stand in solitary with you. I'm a little over 6 months in, I'm less paranoid and more skillful at caring for my guy. You will get there. Caring for my guy is consistent and it's the consistency that counts. Thats what you learn here. Consistent, kind, care.

Back
Top Bottom