It’s me again, the overly paranoid new keeper

I feel you. When I took my panther to the vet over and over again because I knew something was wrong, it was really hard. I knew I was stressing him out but it was a necessary evil to find out what was going on so we could treat him. I just gave him as much space as possible after and let him do his thing and anytime I had to go near him I brought him a treat so he could start to associate me with some positive experiences. It maybe took him about a month to start to warm up to me a little again. I am sorry you and he had such a rough experience, however, you are doing the best you can to care for your guy. Deep breaths, he will be ok.
Thank you! Yeah that was rough, I feel like he was starting to come around… hopefully I can win him over again eventually ❤️ and you are right I only want to help him

So I just looked at the bottle and it says 0.02 for the dose. Jeb was never having a problem with his tongue and now today he tried to aim for a horn worm 3 times and can’t extend his tongue … I am so sad… I took him there to help him and now I think the fluid they gave him made things worse?? Any ideas?? I’m at a loss for what to do

Thank you! I just didn’t realise how attached and in love I am with the little dude, just broke my heart. I’m not sure the dosing I’ll double check when I get home. I was just concerned I did more harm than good stressing him out that bad. It also helped me realise if he was upset or mad I’d know 😳 I’m just a one woman circus guys I do apologise.
It’s crazy when you realize how much you care about something so little. Their little personalities and actions just capture us completely!!😆 your doing great with him. 💙

So I just looked at the bottle and it says 0.02 for the dose. Jeb was never having a problem with his tongue and now today he tried to aim for a horn worm 3 times and can’t extend his tongue … I am so sad… I took him there to help him and now I think the fluid they gave him made things worse?? Any ideas?? I’m at a loss for what to do
I can’t imagine that the fluids would make him worse. It could just be a coincidental thing. Hold his food close so he doesn’t have to shoot for it. Hammlet was scared/shy and when he had trouble, I put his feeders in a container he couldn’t see thru and held it up to him, arm extended as far as possible while I stood as far away as possible and looked the other way. It is so hard when our chams are sick. You both can and will get over this though. Just going to be sucky for a short time.

I have to admit I am overwhelmed I haven’t given the meds yet. I came home to this and then he pooped and went to his bed. I had hoped I could inject it in his horn worms .. but now I’m not sure, although I caught him eating a feeder right about 20 minutes later from his cup, I’m not sure how he was able to… maybe it’s resolving. I’m nervous about the medicine or if I imagined the symptoms in the first place. I am overwhelmed and sleep deprived and didn’t want to make things worse

What I did with my panther was get a really juicy bsfl and I put the med on top of the bug and then fed it to him. Stress free for him and he thinks he is just getting a little extra something special. You could try that.

What I did with my panther was get a really juicy bsfl and I put the med on top of the bug and then fed it to him. Stress free for him and he thinks he is just getting a little extra something special. You could try that.
just squirt in on the worm and feed it to him? I’m just worried how much of it he will get , she did say it was important he get all of it. But if that worked for you I am down to try, just clarifying what you mean, I’m sleep deprived 🤪

just squirt in on the worm and feed it to him? I’m just worried how much of it he will get , she did say it was important he get all of it. But if that worked for you I am down to try, just clarifying what you mean, I’m sleep deprived 🤪
You are totally fine. I’ve been there before. I wish I took picks of what I did. My medicine was like a semi-thick cream in little syringes. With a big enough bsfl I was able to put all the med on the one bug. I was careful to hold the feeder cup in a way that the bug couldn’t roll around and loose some of the meds and I fed it to my boy immediately.

I’ll look around and see if I can find a video to share with you.

image.jpg

Ok thank you so much! I understand what you’re saying. This is what I’m working with. I’m going to give it my best try

Unfortunately I cannot find any videos that show you how to do what I did but there are plenty to show you how to give a n oral medication to a reptile 🤪

Well, my poor sweet Hammlet had a casque that made a nice handle, but I think it was mostly just being touched and intruded upon that made him gape so I could get his meds in. Just aim towards the very back of the throat to avoid the airway in the front of the mouth.

Miss my shy boy. 😢

Back
Top Bottom