It’s me again, the overly paranoid new keeper

Beppo

Chameleon Enthusiast
835ADC41-FB56-495B-AA51-AFD3A7338C8A.jpeg

This stance in the morning doesn’t mean respiratory problems does it?? I know I probably sound ridiculous but I am unable to watch his behaviour all day as I’m at work so every time I see something new or different I wonder. I have been able to get my temps into the high 50s low 60s at night so I’ve been fogging from 1:30-5:30 and I guess I just now wonder if I’m increasing the chance of a respiratory issue so I’m being overly paranoid. Thanks for any insight or encouragement I can get 😩

I feel you. I’m overly paranoid and new at this as well. Do you have the option to get a camera in his enclosure? That helped me a ton while I was at work.
Yes! That’s a good idea! Thank you, so you have a certain one you would recommend ?

Yes! That’s a good idea! Thank you, so you have a certain one you would recommend ?
I use a camera called YI Home. It's not the best in the world but it gets the job done. You can pay for storage or just use it as a live camera. I just use the live camera and check in on my chams a few times a day with it.

I was worried about this too when peach fuzz was younger but things are going to change and scare you and if you pay close attention you’ll see anything new and immediately worry which is good because it means you care! It’s also great to ask about it here because these guys are here 24/7 I’m honestly surprised they can still keep this up ! Your little guy looks great keep up the good work!

I purchased a 2 pack of Wyze cameras on Amazon awhile back and recently purchased another to add, they're affordable and definitely get the job done. You can view from your phone, its 2-way and night vision, solid for the price
I have a camera too it’s a blink though and highly unreliable at least on my old phone gets the job done most of the time though

So it does seem to be that Jeb may in fact have a Ri and now while I wait for the vet to call me back to see the soonest I can get him in I am just picking my brain to figure out what I’ve done wrong. The overall humidity for the day ranges from 40-50 and at night up to 100 percent with the temps in the low 60s sometimes even high 50s. I have a pc fan on the top and I’ve been running another fan in the room in the early morning after the fogging to dry things out until my humidity reaches the desired daytime 40-50. At first I thought maybe he was too hot. I have a herpstat set at 83 and I turned it down to 80 just incase the space between the probe and his body was that much hotter… I don’t know I have everything where it’s supposed to be. But I’m off work today and have been trying to watch closely because I had kept noticing his nose in the air and even when he had tucked in for the night one night so I was concerned. Today he gapped and I got close enough to see two single strands of saliva …. I also sometimes in the morning after fogging open the door while I use the other fan( a small woozoo I placed in the middle of the room for more air movement) any suggestions of what I can maybe do to aid in this not getting worse. I hope I can take him to the vet like I said as soon as they call me back… I have done a couple husbandry reviews I believe, and everything seemed to be on point. Just sad and hoping he will be ok..

DD7A6713-644B-4275-A4BC-D5ADAEFD3BDF.png

Not the best shots but this is some of what I’ve seen that concerned me

Attachments

• C70E0FF0-8EE0-4B4B-AF17-B33EF8B685F1.jpeg
    C70E0FF0-8EE0-4B4B-AF17-B33EF8B685F1.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 34
  • AE18520C-248F-447C-9A2A-9CB9EE13315A.jpeg
    AE18520C-248F-447C-9A2A-9CB9EE13315A.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 29
I have gotten an emergency appointment for 9:00 tonight. Now I’m just worried about getting him in a box to transport since he’s really not ever been removed but once and he did not react well… hope I can get him there safely 🤞🏻

I always set my herpstat lower because it is much hotter the closer they get to the light. Mine is set for 80.

When are you fogging exactly and when do lights kick on?

Back
Top Bottom