Is worm guard a good product?

I am looking for a natural dewormer for my chameleons. I want something that acts like a preventative as I know how easy it is for chameleons to get parasites and I've lost some in the past. I keep my cages clean and my bugs clean as well but sometimes the crickets that I order can carry parasites so I like to stay on the safe side. I use worm guard in the past but not its not available in Canada anymore so I'm wondering why. I ordered some on ebay but i'm interested in what others think of this product. I know natural products such as cloves and black walnut kill parasites and they use to use them back in the day for many many years with humans. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks

I am looking for a natural dewormer for my chameleons. I want something that acts like a preventative as I know how easy it is for chameleons to get parasites and I've lost some in the past. I keep my cages clean and my bugs clean as well but sometimes the crickets that I order can carry parasites so I like to stay on the safe side. I use worm guard in the past but not its not available in Canada anymore so I'm wondering why. I ordered some on ebay but i'm interested in what others think of this product. I know natural products such as cloves and black walnut kill parasites and they use to use them back in the day for many many years with humans. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks

Honestly I think it may be best to do regular vet check ups - of course with a herp vet. But it's nice to know you are concerned for your Cham. Have your current cham (s?) shown any signs?

I have 58 adult chameleons and I deworm them every 6 months with medication from the vet. As a big breeder, you have to take percussion and you never know what condition the crickets are being kept in. I lost a few chameleons in the past but my vet who is also my friend is away and I had a female die because of parasites so all I can do is use my natural worm guard for now. I try to stay away from crickets, my chameleons get spoiled with mainly silk worms, horns, phoenix and butter worms.

I have 58 adult chameleons and I deworm them every 6 months with medication from the vet. As a big breeder, you have to take percussion and you never know what condition the crickets are being kept in. I lost a few chameleons in the past but my vet who is also my friend is away and I had a female die because of parasites so all I can do is use my natural worm guard for now. I try to stay away from crickets, my chameleons get spoiled with mainly silk worms, horns, phoenix and butter worms.
wow 58
I have 4 and we think it's a lot!

Back
Top Bottom