Is this poop or something else?

I was looking at my chameleon for a while and he was just sitting under the basking lamp. I went to use the bathroom real quick and when I came back I saw hanging goo under him??? In the center was a yellow soft piece. I picked it up with tissue.... Is that poop or something else???

I was looking at my chameleon for a while and he was just sitting under the basking lamp. I went to use the bathroom real quick and when I came back I saw hanging goo under him??? In the center was a yellow soft piece. I picked it up with tissue.... Is that poop or something else???

Male? Female? age? type of chameleon?

If he is a male it could be a sperm plug as others have suggested. Mine wipes them off on branches and vines all the time.

It can't be a sperm plug at that age is what I think SSimsswiSS meant. They are too young to produce one at that age.

Reptiles will leave both brown (poop) and white (or yellow-orange if they are dehydrated) droppings. The brown is digested food just like most other animals, and the white is urates, or basically pee.

That could be what it was

Reptiles will leave both brown (poop) and white (or yellow-orange if they are dehydrated) droppings. The brown is digested food just like most other animals, and the white is urates, or basically pee.

That could be what it was

Oh ok thanks :D I didn't know that goo surrounds poop and pee... I never seen my chameleon do his business before ._.

Back
Top Bottom