is this normal

i was cleaning my room and witnessed miss puff my veiled cham going to the bathroom when she did her eyes looked like balloons is that normal i never see her use the restroom i just see the poop and potty stuff so i know she is going to the bathroom
CBD29971-924D-4AAC-AE6E-777118ED2B87.png

Did you misting happen to trigger when this happened? This is what it looks like typically when they clean their eyes. They should have reduced back down to normal.

@Beman @SourGrape4u @Mark's Chameleons here is a link to photos i took of her today she started her first shed with me yesterday since i have gotten her woohoo! so her eyes are in the starting process. I took a video of her pooping so i can ask for help on here and what you all recommend. The video is from yesterday and all 7 of the photos in the link are just from a few seconds ago. I had to take her out of her habitat to get a good view of them.

click on me ! i'm the link

@Beman @SourGrape4u @Mark's Chameleons here is a link to photos i took of her today she started her first shed with me yesterday since i have gotten her woohoo! so her eyes are in the starting process. I took a video of her pooping so i can ask for help on here and what you all recommend. The video is from yesterday and all 7 of the photos in the link are just from a few seconds ago. I had to take her out of her habitat to get a good view of them.

That is a whole lot of poop. Almost like she was having to strain and that is why her eyes did that... What are you feeding and how much/how often?
Is there any dirt or substrate that she has access to?

That is a whole lot of poop. Almost like she was having to strain and that is why her eyes did that... What are you feeding and how much/how often?
Is there any dirt or substrate that she has access to?
There isn't any dirt or substrate in her current habitat. I feed her 10 small crickets dusted in repticalcium without d3 (on the 1st and 15th of every month i dust them with repticalcium with d3) and 2 super worms every other day, I have a dripper running 24/7 and mist her habitat for 2 minutes 2 times a day once in the morning and once in the late evening

speaking of poop she just pooped again right as i am replying to you her eyes aren't puffed out so maybe that was just a one time thing ? i inserted photos of her poop
FullSizeR.jpg
IMG_6482.jpg
also after she pooped this her butt area had this tinted fluid i can't tell if it was tinted from her insides from pushing the poop out or if it is blood... she wiped her butt on the vine like toilet paper after and went on with her stroll.

There isn't any dirt or substrate in her current habitat. I feed her 10 small crickets dusted in repticalcium without d3 (on the 1st and 15th of every month i dust them with repticalcium with d3) and 2 super worms every other day, I have a dripper running 24/7 and mist her habitat for 2 minutes 2 times a day once in the morning and once in the late evening

speaking of poop she just pooped again right as i am replying to you her eyes aren't puffed out so maybe that was just a one time thing ? i inserted photos of her poop View attachment 277141 View attachment 277142 also after she pooped this her butt area had this tinted fluid i can't tell if it was tinted from her insides from pushing the poop out or if it is blood... she wiped her butt on the vine like toilet paper after and went on with her stroll.
@Beman

Yeah I dunno. I always go with the side of caution.

I have nothing fake in my enclosures. I prefer all real branches and plants. This helps them in the fact they can eat at plants to aid in digestion if they need it but also balances out humidity levels. I also fog at night but her urates look good..

I don’t know if this was addressed but is that shed on her eyes? Is it still there?

Yeah I dunno. I always go with the side of caution.

I have nothing fake in my enclosures. I prefer all real branches and plants. This helps them in the fact they can eat at plants to aid in digestion if they need it but also balances out humidity levels. I also fog at night but her urates look good..
do you have any plant suggestions ? i know there is a big chart and list of them but what is the most common and the best

What does prolapsed mean :oops:
When a body part exits the body and it shouldn’t. From the video, it looked like a little bit of her intestine (or whatever is there) popped out with the poo and from the pic, it looks like a tiny end of it is protruding out. It’s the red part that I find worrying. At the least, her cloaca (vent) is irritated. Keep watch and if you see anything sticking out from her vent, get her to a vet.
Regarding plants, you can never go wrong with pothos.

Back
Top Bottom