is this normal???

bay1997

Established Member
It’s around 80 degrees here today so I brought Jameson to sit outside with me while I gardened. Now that we’re back inside he is fully acting like a crackhead. He refused to go back in his enclosure and after a literal 10 minute fight with a lizard and he was finally back in, he’s bouncing off the walls.
Is this a normal reaction to going outside?? Did I break him??

Too funny! So Beman is the exact same way. For a good 30 minutes after I put him back into his enclosure he try’s to get out and paces looking for an escape. He is the same if we have days with no sun and is unable to get outside. He paces and acts like a frustrated toddler without his favorite toy lol.

Too funny! So Beman is the exact same way. For a good 30 minutes after I put him back into his enclosure he try’s to get out and paces looking for an escape. He is the same if we have days with no sun and is unable to get outside. He paces and acts like a frustrated toddler without his favorite toy lol.
Okay phew. I’m glad I didn’t break my Cham hehe
We’ll have to do more outside days now that the weather in WA is starting to heat up since he seemed to love it so much

I wish I had a video of the whole situation, he totally faked me out. He crawled off my shoulder and onto the branch closest to the enclosure door, then as fast as hit little legs could carry him he some how made it onto the door of his enclosure and then on top of his dripper. And of course any time I made a move to scoop him up I was promptly hissed and lunged at hahahahaha

Okay phew. I’m glad I didn’t break my Cham hehe
We’ll have to do more outside days now that the weather in WA is starting to heat up since he seemed to love it so much
Remember that 60 degrees in full sun will warm up very fast as well so you don’t need it to be 80 out. Take a digital thermometer out with you. It shocked the heck outa me how hot full sun was when it was only 60 out.

Remember that 60 degrees in full sun will warm up very fast as well so you don’t need it to be 80 out. Take a digital thermometer out with you. It shocked the heck outa me how hot full sun was when it was only 60 out.
I’ll bring my heat gun with me next time !! He stayed under our little shaded patio for Most of the outside time so I wasn’t too worried initially. Thank you for the tip though, I wouldn’t want him to get too hot by mistake

I’ll bring my heat gun with me next time !! He stayed under our little shaded patio for Most of the outside time so I wasn’t too worried initially. Thank you for the tip though, I wouldn’t want him to get too hot by mistake
Yeah I almost fried Beman the first time had no clue lol it was only 63 out but on our back patio in full sun it was 98 according to my temp gauge. #NewbieFail :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom