Is this a deal??

Danicuteeyes

3896733025_e4b2fa7eb5_o.jpg

i was wondering what you guys think...
im a first time chameleon owner and im trying to buy the items at a low cost

how big do you need the hood? If you want an 18" lamp and hood combo... Walmart has a 'under the cabinet' fixture for like 15 bucks. Whatever you end up getting be SURE there is NO plastic between the lamp and your cham. UVB doesn't not go through plastic or glass.

If you need a big lamp and fixture, be sure you order a T-8 lamp not the T-12. T-12 lamps are no longer made and the ones left in the pet stores are all that are around...... so.... if you buy a T-12 lamp and fixture and then the lamp goes bad and you can't get the lamp anymore, you have to go out and by a T-8.... so instead of buying two fixtures, get the right stuff now.

If it can wait, wait until the store you are purchasing from is having a sale.. hehe.

I got some 18" bulbs for 8$ a piece once. :3

The under the cab fixtures at my Wall Mart are 6 summin for the 18 inchers and 7 summin for the 24 inchers. I just don't put the lens back on after the uv bulb is installed. I just added 2 of the 24s on the veiled cage with plant bulbs.

how big do you need the hood? If you want an 18" lamp and hood combo... Walmart has a 'under the cabinet' fixture for like 15 bucks. Whatever you end up getting be SURE there is NO plastic between the lamp and your cham. UVB doesn't not go through plastic or glass.

If you need a big lamp and fixture, be sure you order a T-8 lamp not the T-12. T-12 lamps are no longer made and the ones left in the pet stores are all that are around...... so.... if you buy a T-12 lamp and fixture and then the lamp goes bad and you can't get the lamp anymore, you have to go out and by a T-8.... so instead of buying two fixtures, get the right stuff now.

i bought the LLL reptile cage 18x18x36 and i wanted to get the 20" reptisun hood to go with the uvb reptisun 5.0 18" bulb

i already have the clamp lamp...

im going by the Flchams.com chameleon cage setup...thought it would be better...and more professional looking idk lol

i was trying to look for something cheaper...but good looking

For the price the LLL hoods are not worth it.... I would check with what Shannen (Pure) is saying about Wal-Mart....

At the shows I like to get the hood that Creative pet supply sells. I am not real sure of their website address... but the hoods are nicer than the LLL hood. The LLL hoods are like 2" longer than the lamp on each end with nothing in the space. I think the point of this is so the hood can be placed over a tank that is bigger than the lamp, but when the lamp is 18" and the cage is 18" it looks silly having the overhang.

For the price the LLL hoods are not worth it.... I would check with what Shannen (Pure) is saying about Wal-Mart....

At the shows I like to get the hood that Creative pet supply sells. I am not real sure of their website address... but the hoods are nicer than the LLL hood. The LLL hoods are like 2" longer than the lamp on each end with nothing in the space. I think the point of this is so the hood can be placed over a tank that is bigger than the lamp, but when the lamp is 18" and the cage is 18" it looks silly having the overhang.
is it this site?
http://www.creativepet.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_36&zenid=h5n8dlr7c0ivloie5thfklq2j3

I think so but it wasn't 27 bucks! lol I think it is the second from the top. at the show i paid $21 and that was the price on the sticker. I guess they are all expensive... again, I would try HD, target, walmart or lowes and see what kind of cheap 18" fixtures they have.

Yeah, I'm pretty much just echoing what others have said. But I paid all of $6 at walmart for an 18" under-cabinet fixture. I haven't had any problems with it, just took off the plastic around the bulb (left it off) and put in the reptisun 5.0. It looks fine and best of all, it was cheap :) I did however flip it upsidedown so it would reflect more light into the cage.

The reptisun 5.0 for $15 is a good price, I would say $13-$20 is common online. I dunno about you, but when i saw the price of the 5.0 at petsmart and petco I wanted to punch someone, haha.

Yeah, I'm pretty much just echoing what others have said. But I paid all of $6 at walmart for an 18" under-cabinet fixture. I haven't had any problems with it, just took off the plastic around the bulb (left it off) and put in the reptisun 5.0. It looks fine and best of all, it was cheap :) I did however flip it upsidedown so it would reflect more light into the cage.

The reptisun 5.0 for $15 is a good price, I would say $13-$20 is common online. I dunno about you, but when i saw the price of the 5.0 at petsmart and petco I wanted to punch someone, haha.

can anyone show me a pic of how theirs looks like? fixtures i mean...
like the process of making one out of a under cabinet fixture...

and yes i screamed when i saw the price...i was expecting 10-15 bucks...everyone looked at me weird xD

The big reptile/exotic pet shows are good to find deals on the reptisun bulbs b/c of course you wont have to pay for shipping. I bought my 18" 5.0's from zoomeds booth in Daytona for 13.99 each.

The big reptile/exotic pet shows are good to find deals on the reptisun bulbs b/c of course you wont have to pay for shipping. I bought my 18" 5.0's from zoomeds booth in Daytona for 13.99 each.

aw man...but are there any near miami?
i live in the kendall area xD

can anyone show me a pic of how theirs looks like? fixtures i mean...
like the process of making one out of a under cabinet fixture...

and yes i screamed when i saw the price...i was expecting 10-15 bucks...everyone looked at me weird xD

This is the $6 walmart under counter light I was talking about.
IMG00018-20090908-1335.jpg

I just took off the plastic to replace the bulb with the 5.0, turned it on and flipped it upside down. (i'm about to put some foil on the back of the light to reflect as much light down as possible)
IMG00017-20090908-1335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom