Advice with branches

davisc12

Im building my guys new enclosure and got a bunch of sticks but starting to think some of them may be too thin. What do you guys think? How does this look, and would you change or add anything?
20231118_132208.jpg
20231118_132230.jpg

I would stand four branches up straight in each corner and build it up like scaffolding rather than attaching it to the screen. Like this….

It gives you unlimited attachment points and directions

Attachments

• 8326A976-8036-4590-8705-DFA7EF43E105.jpeg
    8326A976-8036-4590-8705-DFA7EF43E105.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 24
Either that or get pvc trellis and attach to that. @MissSkittles can you post pics of yours. Otherwise you will have wear and tear on your screen with how you are doing it now. Not to mention your weight for your pots is not strongly anchored. I have seen pots attached like that rip out.

Branch dimensions look good. You want a large variety of sizes this is better for their feet because they are not constantly holding one grip size.

Here you go. I drilled some tiny holes where I needed attachments on the trellis and attached with fine wire to the frame. To prevent it from slipping down, try to attach to the frame screws or drill some tiny holes in the frame. It is strong enough as it to support a couple of plants along with lots of branches. These are two separate enclosures. The first is in process and the second is done with the addition of some tall plants.
IMG_5011.jpeg
IMG_3336.jpeg

I think my next enclosure will be a pvc one where i will use the latice but found it much easier to attach it to the screen. And this screen is much thicker then the screen on the zoomed tanks. it feels sturdy even pressing down firmly.

Back
Top Bottom