Is this a burn???

GregorytheCham

I looked at Greg this morning and

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veild, male, 2 months
  • Handling - Not at all
  • Feeding - RN he gets a few crickets dusted with calcium WITHOUT D3. Once a day between 8-10 am (depending on how early i wake up). Feeders are fed with Flucker’s cricket quencher calcium fortified and Fluker’s High Calcium diet. (I have been made aware that this is not the best an will switch over food ASAP).
  • Supplements - Repti Calcium WITHOUT D3 once a day
  • Watering - I have the Repti rain mister which mists every 3 hours for 15 second. No I have not seen him drink.
  • Fecal Description - looks hydrated
  • History - I bought him from FLCham.com
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Repti breeze 16X16X30
  • Lighting - (All Zoo Med) Repti day bulb 60W, compact 5.0 UVB light (I already ordered a new bulb and will be here soon) 8am - 10pm lights on
  • Temperature - 75ish at the bottom and 85ish (his basking spot 6 inched from the top). overnight is around 65. two temp probes one in his basking spot one on the floor
  • Humidity - 70% ish, i have a reptifogger (Only at night). One of the temp probes also has a humidity monitor and i put that on the opposite side of the reptifogger
  • Plants - No live plants yet
  • Placement - he is in the main hallway from the garage connected to my room (one of the most high traffic areas) *currently realizing some mistakes* . The top of his cage is ab 6 feet from the floor
  • Location - I live in Bradenton FL
I looked at Greg this morning and i thought i saw a burn but not sure if it is one what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 70885520-EF84-45CF-9C3B-48B1C6A20D66.jpeg
    70885520-EF84-45CF-9C3B-48B1C6A20D66.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 78
Hi there :) I made comments in red bold.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - veild, male, 2 months
  • Handling - Not at all
  • Feeding - RN he gets a few crickets dusted with calcium WITHOUT D3. Once a day between 8-10 am (depending on how early i wake up). Feeders are fed with Flucker’s cricket quencher calcium fortified and Fluker’s High Calcium diet. (I have been made aware that this is not the best an will switch over food ASAP). He should be getting 15 or so feeders a day at his age. glad you are getting a better gutload this one really is not good.
  • Supplements - Repti Calcium WITHOUT D3 once a day You need a calcium with D3 and a multivitamin as well. These are given two times a month on opposite weeks.
  • Watering - I have the Repti rain mister which mists every 3 hours for 15 second. No I have not seen him drink. 15 seconds is not long enough to trigger him to drink. Need to up this.
  • Fecal Description - looks hydrated
  • History - I bought him from FLCham.com
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Repti breeze 16X16X30 will need to upgrade by the time he is about 6-7 months old to a 2x2x4
  • Lighting - (All Zoo Med) Repti day bulb 60W, compact 5.0 UVB light (I already ordered a new bulb and will be here soon) 8am - 10pm lights on Hopefully you ordered a T5HO fixture for the UVB. If it is a single bulb fixture you need a 5.0 or 6% bulb. If it is a quad fixture you need a 10.0 or 12% bulb. basking should be placed 7-8 inches below the fixture with it sitting directly on the cage. You really want to try for a 12 hours on and 12 hours total darkness.
  • Temperature - 75ish at the bottom and 85ish (his basking spot 6 inched from the top). overnight is around 65. two temp probes one in his basking spot one on the floor
  • Humidity - 70% ish, i have a reptifogger (Only at night). One of the temp probes also has a humidity monitor and i put that on the opposite side of the reptifogger 70% is a bit high for daytime. Really want this 30-50% if possible.
  • Plants - No live plants yet He will love them when you get them. Just make sure you put 1 inch or larger river rock on top of the soil to keep him from eating it.
  • Placement - he is in the main hallway from the garage connected to my room (one of the most high traffic areas) *currently realizing some mistakes* . The top of his cage is ab 6 feet from the floor Find a lower traffic area if possible.
  • Location - I live in Bradenton FL
I looked at Greg this morning and i thought i saw a burn but not sure if it is one what do you guys think?

I can't tell from the pic. It could be a burn. If you can get a better picture that would help. 6 inches away from his bulb for basking is putting him at more risk for a thermal burn.

Back
Top Bottom