Is there any real danger w/'The Ice Cube' method?

Bush baby

Avid Member
So i've kept Chams for about 20 years now, and have had numerous debates on this subject with friends that have also also kept Chams.

The ice cube method - a way of providing dripping water to your chameleon in a slow steady, temporary stream. I simply place an ice cube or two on top of the mesh cage, and as it melts it provides drips of water as it lands on the foliage below. I've done this for many years. The only real concern i can see is that the water is ice cold.....

...does anyone else use this method? What are your thoughts on this method?

i really don't think so.
i have tried putting boiling hot water in my mister, by the time it hits my forearm, a foot away, it is already cold, so i don't think there would be much danger from the water being cold.

i think also notmuch danger. always with things like danger is when stupid people do things. Lots and lots of ice is a silly idea because of temperature duh lol.
One or 3 ice cubes dripping onto leaves will not hurt anyone but it might make a chameleon walk somewhere else is all.

Oh no, i should stop reading the links all the way through. Sandra, you linked to a thread started by a bufoon. Then I read a 20 page thread about breeding that was total troll because ferritinmyshoes linked to it in the other ice cube thread. I just want everyone to know please do not waste all the time i did by reading all of this. It added almost nothing useful and was quite bad tempered in places. not what i want people to think this forum is like at all :)

Oh no, i should stop reading the links all the way through. Sandra, you linked to a thread started by a bufoon. Then I read a 20 page thread about breeding that was total troll because ferritinmyshoes linked to it in the other ice cube thread. I just want everyone to know please do not waste all the time i did by reading all of this. It added almost nothing useful and was quite bad tempered in places. not what i want people to think this forum is like at all :)
yes, the thread includes troll issues, but it also provides useful posts and insights related to this topic. I linked to it for that reason.

yes, the thread includes troll issues, but it also provides useful posts and insights related to this topic. I linked to it for that reason.

oh yes, the ice cube opinions are relevant. Just nobody read that breeding thread again if you daon't want to waste your life hahahaha

The cold water eventually gets to a warmer temp. Not many cham enthusiasts provide H2O this way, but it can be done with temperance.

oh goodness!.. I just read that breeding thread and kind of glad I did since im currently looking to buy a couple male panthers now I know where to and where not to look at purchasing from. :eek:

Oh wow, I think I remember that thread! What a doofus hahahah.....did you notice how he never once responded to me? Did I post twice or 3 times?

lol ya i did... i noticed quite a few things that make him look ridiculous and i feel very sorry for any animal in his care

My chams drink alot more when the water is room temp.

I think dripping ice cubes is not ideal

This thread is essentially on the same topic so you might find it interesting:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/watering-ice-cubes-88802/

I have priocessed and if you are interested in buying chameleons or breeding Chameleons then to look at this thread would probalaly be good ~ https://www.chameleonforums.com/no-point-buying-breeders-88781/ i was wrong and i have hanged my mind. c

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom