my ( about 4 month old ) veiled chameleon seems to love basking ! every morning I see him , when I turn on the light he goes straight up , and when I come back from school ( bout 8 hrs later ) he is still up there ?!?! should I be worried ?
Can you fill this out and post pictures we can then better help you with everything thanks
You may just be catching him during the times he is basking but they can bask for awhile and longer if the temps arnt kept correctly
Hi, most of your husbandry ect seems fine.
- Your Chameleon - Veiled Cham, male , around 4 months old . only been in care for around 2 months
- Handling - Every other day
- Feeding - crickets , 5-10 a day , and also wax worms and mealworms every 3 days . gut load with " orange cubes " and spinach
- Supplements - Calcium with out D3 , daily
- Watering - i have a dropper that goes on all day , and I spray the cage 2-3x a day
- Fecal Description - Dark brown color
- History - N/A
- Cage Type - Screen cage , and standard ? medium ?
- Lighting - day uv bulb and standard heat bulb , 8 hrs uv and 12-15 heat
- Temperature - Ave temp 80' basking goes from 85-90 and low is around 70
- Humidity - humidity level 70-80
- Plants - Using " zebra plant "
- Placement - Cage located in my room , around 2 1/2 from ground
- Location - Houston Tx
Current Problem - What's wrong w Treeko?