Is she going to be OK?

BayChams

Hi guys!
I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while... I have a really busy schedule :cautious: Anyway, my female veiled just layed about 50 eggs, and this is her first time. Is there something I should do? She has been eating a lot after laying and is hanging out in the basking area. I made sure to keep her hydrated as well...
Here are some pics:cool:
1486427743335821114805.jpg
1486427801102-1174417085.jpg

Also, she has never encountered a male apart from the time when my friend took care of her when I was on vacation, and even then they were never together...

She needs a lot of water and calcium. In a few days, cut the food back down but keep up with calcium. She looks a little rough, but she's entitled to after that. Try to work at getting her to not produce eggs. It eventually kills them.

Thank you! She was always small and skinny though.
Thanks for the tips! Also, how do you stop them from producing eggs?
:D

50 is average clutch range, obviously this is her 1st clutch. Since she's never encountered a male, these eggs are infertile! Make sure she gets plenty of calcium, a little trick of mine is to mix calcium with water, and use a syringe to give her the mix orally! She should be okay, if you notice anything too abnormal I'd seek veterinarian help! Hope this helps, have a great evening!

IMHO 50 eggs is still too high. If you're not going to mate her I would advise that you slow down her egg production.

I feed mine well for a couple of days after they lay the eggs and then cut back a bit on the amount I feed them and decrease the cage temperature by one or two F degrees. You don't want to starve her by any means...just slow her down so she will produce less or no eggs.

Over eating leads to large clutches and can push the chameleon towards MBD, constipation, prolapses, eggbinding.

Back
Top Bottom