Is my Veiled gravid?

Thanks for the update. I'm still in limbo with my girl. Did your vet give you calcium drops for her? I meant to ask my vet about getting some, but forgot. I wonder if they can be purchased outside of a vet...
I'm sure you can find them elsewhere, I can let you know the specs on mine tomorrow so you know what your looking for, there's different brands and concentrations you can get.

Jwalls...does your female still sleep during the day? Does she sit low in the cage? Is she lethargic?
If so she could be eggbound...or in a state of follicular stasis. This means that she will not likely lay her eggs on her own.

Has she shown any signs of digging at all yet?

She doesn't sleep during the day anymore, she'll sit low in her enclosure maybe once a week, but not very often at all. (Not nearly as much as when I first got her) As far as lethargy I'm not really sure, she is my first Cham and I've only had her for a few weeks now. I didn't have an opportunity to do much research on chameleons before I got her because it was a rescue situation. During the day she'll move back and forth from hanging right below her lights to laying on midlevel horizontal branches/vines. One night I found her asleep in laying bin but no digging, the vet told me that her eggs were still too round to lay and that I should give her more time before worrying about them being bound.

What exactly is follicular stasis?

You could easily give her .1 ml once a day at least. Unless you have a weirdly concentrated amount. But most vets won't do it that concentrated. It's dangerous at those levels. Technically every 50 grams allows for a .1 ml, but I would just keep her at .1 ml every day. Otherwise she's not going to gain enough calcium compared to what she uses up. Unless you are still dusting with plain calcium? Which isn't needed is you use liquid calcium.

I've been giving closer to .06 in case of spillage and I'm dusting crickets with repashy calcium plus.

Back
Top Bottom