Is my panther 2 small?

Fresh

Wussup ppl, I have a panther ambilobe ambanja cross, I purchased him from screameleons , he's 4monthes old, but I feel he's kinda on the small side to be 4 months, I dont even think he's been through a shed yet, his body is about an inch long (tail not included)...i saw some other 4month old panthers and they're alrealdy growing and have colors im a little confused, this is my first cham, im just lookin for some advice?

Maybe your He, is a She. I had the same questions early on when I bought 3 Chams. It was my first Cham purchase, I was told they were all males. Turns out two were female, and the other was an ambilobe. He said they were all falys. lol

They come in all sizes. Some of mine from the same clutch are 2 or 3 sizes bigger than there siblings. It is likely with his own cage now he will start growing quicker. He'll catch up :)

Maybe your He, is a She. I had the same questions early on when I bought 3 Chams. It was my first Cham purchase, I was told they were all males. Turns out two were female, and the other was an ambilobe. He said they were all falys. lol

Or... That could happen lol (jk)

Wussup ppl, I have a panther ambilobe ambanja cross, I purchased him from screameleons , he's 4monthes old, but I feel he's kinda on the small side to be 4 months, I dont even think he's been through a shed yet, his body is about an inch long (tail not included)...i saw some other 4month old panthers and they're alrealdy growing and have colors im a little confused, this is my first cham, im just lookin for some advice?

my first panther was very small as well for 3 months old when I got him (he was about 3 inches not counting tail...

in comparison, the most recent female I purchased is just barely approaching 3 months old, and she is already well at 4inches.

my first panther had a sudden growth spurt at like 7months old, though he was consistently small.

you might also want to get a weighing for more accurate responses

Ok cool cuz I was a lil worried, but on another note, how humid should I keep his cage and how often and how much should I feed him, to be sure?

I also got my cham from screameleons and thought the exact same thing. Wasnt sure if the age was correct and wasnt sure if he was male. He is also my first cham. trust me. with correct supplementing and husbandry he will grow fast. i just moved my guy to his new adult cage about two or three weeks ago, cstarted using bug burger and rephasy all in one plus calcium and he may have doubled in size.

im not an expert but i think the humidity should sit somewhere around 60%. feed him every day 10 to 15 1/4 in. crickets. hopefully my info is correct, but if not, someone with more experiance will chim in soon enough.

Maybe he is just the small one like these guys were saying. My veiled one was the "big daddy" out of the clutch :D. He measured about 4 inches and he was only 4 months old :p

My guess is that the females are not falys either.

A one inch snout to vent measurement at 4 months might be something to be concerned about. Post pictures with a ruler and the chameleon in question together. Don't make guess measurements.

How long have you had him?

I don't think that your he is a she. Screameleons has been working with chameleons for a long enough time to sex them properly.

Post a pic. An inch long snout to vent is veryyy small. Is he eating normal/enough?

Might wanna fill out the "how to ask for help" , so we can look at the big picture.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Posting a photo of him would help us in helping you out a little more.
But I can tell you that I've had chameleons across a wide range of sizes. I had one that I got at 2 months as a tiny little thing, and he just did not grow for another 2 months. And after that he stayed just a tiny bit bigger until 8 months, at which time his cage was upgraded and he took off and gained 50g in like a month. Now he's a perfectly normal panther male - not huge, but typical in size. And then I've had others that grew at a constant rate all their lives.

So you get them in all sizes and shapes.

Back
Top Bottom