Is my chameleon poorly

I agree he's likely just being his with his hormones and having issues keeping them under control. During Ryker's teen years poor guy was all over the place and I had to keep him occupied. He ended up chilling out with like 4 months and I never had to deal with thee antsyness again, I am hoping the same for your guy ^^

I agree he's likely just being his with his hormones and having issues keeping them under control. During Ryker's teen years poor guy was all over the place and I had to keep him occupied. He ended up chilling out with like 4 months and I never had to deal with thee antsyness again, I am hoping the same for your guy ^^
Was your guy a pain with food? Going days without

Yes, it was one of the few times in his life when he could feed himself that Ryker would not eat. XD The only thing he would eat on occasion was crickets? And I only broke down for that every 2 and a half weeks. Honestly he loses weight faster than any chameleon I have ever seen or kept. He needs a high calorie diet. So back then it was a pain in the ass. I had tons to offer, it's just he was busy. I offered even wax worms and superworms regularly to keep his weight up, he just didn't care. And he would only eat crickets I think ever other week even when I started buying them more often because I was worried about his weight. As far as other chameleons I have dealt with this with (as they pass through my house) they honestly never had issues with weight he has.

Yes, it was one of the few times in his life when he could feed himself that Ryker would not eat. XD The only thing he would eat on occasion was crickets? And I only broke down for that every 2 and a half weeks. Honestly he loses weight faster than any chameleon I have ever seen or kept. He needs a high calorie diet. So back then it was a pain in the ass. I had tons to offer, it's just he was busy. I offered even wax worms and superworms regularly to keep his weight up, he just didn't care. And he would only eat crickets I think ever other week even when I started buying them more often because I was worried about his weight. As far as other chameleons I have dealt with this with (as they pass through my house) they honestly never had issues with weight he has.

It does really worry me he seems to he happier when he's out of his cage. Only think he seems to be Accepting is waxies and silks

Wait him out a bit and watch his weight if he drops too much and he's still not accepting other food sources that's when you break and feed him some.

Wait him out a bit and watch his weight if he drops too much and he's still not accepting other food sources that's when you break and feed him some.

Yeah i dont think its parasites as i have two chams and they both eat from the exact same source.

I catch him eating dead leafs which i have now removed.

Just breathe, keep his weight marked down, and keep us updated. Worrying doesn't help unless it's something to actually worry about, to me it doesn't seem that far with him yet XD

I hear it a lot on here . I know @WAMBO boy is a tiny eater . He's a panther he's never been a big eater . Also I believe @Replife pete went on a wicked strike .
Yes pete went went right around 3 weeks maybe longer.. He would not eat anything other than maybe 2 super worms every other day . then one day i come home from work and all his feeders were gone and he has been eating like a champ ever since so any way my opinion your cham is just being stubborn and is likely perfectly fine as long as he is drinking and will still eat a little bit of something

Hi guys as your aware i let randel out alot more often now he is going through his hormonal steps.

I put him on a big tree oposite his viv and i cover my females cage so he cannot see. Last two times ive came back into my room to find randel had left his tree crawled onto my bed then up the unit then on top of my female veileds cage. She was like green with yellow markings and he was big and stunning with blue yellow orange colours.

Im guessing he really really wants her

Hi guys as your aware i let randel out alot more often now he is going through his hormonal steps.

I put him on a big tree oposite his viv and i cover my females cage so he cannot see. Last two times ive came back into my room to find randel had left his tree crawled onto my bed then up the unit then on top of my female veileds cage. She was like green with yellow markings and he was big and stunning with blue yellow orange colours.

Yep sounds like it

Yes you are right . By your description I would say she's is receptive . So if you don't want baby's make sure there apart . Can you free range your boy in another room ?

Last edited:
Yeah the lay bin is all set up if like have babies in future.

I live with my parents so i can only do so much in my room. I male sure shes covers and locked in her viv when he's out
Perfect he will probably be determined to find her . Boys will be boys lol . Lock her up and hold the key (y) . When your ready to mate them they will be beautiful baby's you will be an excellent grandpa ;).

Perfect he will probably be determined to find her . Boys will be boys lol . Lock her up and hold the key (y) . When your ready to mate them they will be beautiful baby's you will be an excellent grandpa ;).
Aww thank you.

Heres roz btw

Attachments

• IMG_2293.JPG
    IMG_2293.JPG
    458.9 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom