Is my chameleon ok he’s been dark colors lately

Way to go guys! Way to turn this thread around! :) Pascal, hopefully, you will take all of this guidance and use it to better your husbandry. Also, take a little time and learn to navigate the forum and fill out that questionnaire. That will help us guide you much better with giving accurate advice on your husbandry.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

I have a 13 y/o son and he has a crested gecko and bearded dragon... I do not allow him in my cham room alone or to mess with the chams. My son is mature but kids this young dont understand husbandry that chameleons need.

To the OP please have your parents read this sites guides for a veiled chameleon and hopefully help you take care of him/her. Also stop handling so much they are not bearded dragons, they are more of a see and do not touch unless needed lizard. Hand feed to fill that gap and maybe after he is accustom to you in a few weeks to months try handling once or twice a week, like to put in outside enclosure as a reward for letting you handle him. Your stressing this little guy out!

Guys this aint' the time to be talking about age. We should be helping. We dont want to confuse the OP.

@PascalTheChamelon123 please fill out the form you are given at the top of this page. Also, can you pick a thread, and stick with it? You have like 6 threads and its getting confusing for those trying to help you.

Make sure to communicate with your parents to get the things your chameleon will need. Educate yourself as well as them.

I have a 13 y/o son and he has a crested gecko and bearded dragon... I do not allow him in my cham room alone or to mess with the chams. My son is mature but kids this young dont understand husbandry that chameleons need.

To the OP please have your parents read this sites guides for a veiled chameleon and hopefully help you take care of him/her. Also stop handling so much they are not bearded dragons, they are more of a see and do not touch unless needed lizard. Hand feed to fill that gap and maybe after he is accustom to you in a few weeks to months try handling once or twice a week, like to put in outside enclosure as a reward for letting you handle him. Your stressing this little guy out!
He could probably take care of a cham alone? i am 15 and I own one. And I am... lets just say not the most responsible.

NO. beardies are not for beginners. common misconception.

Really? My only experience was when our family rescued a beardie with a major birth defect from a pet store, who later passed due to his defects. I'm definitely not experienced with them, he was only with us for a couple of months. Thanks for informing me of the misconception ?

Really? My only experience was when our family rescued a beardie with a major birth defect from a pet store, who later passed due to his defects. I'm definitely not experienced with them, he was only with us for a couple of months. Thanks for informing me of the misconception ?
They need daily fruits and vegetables, not just some crickets, like most people think. It is why I don't own one. We may be cham's staff, but at least we don't have to make them salads every day.

They need daily fruits and vegetables, not just some crickets, like most people think. It is why I don't own one. We may be cham's staff, but at least we don't have to make them salads every day.

That's true, most kids wouldn't go through the effort to make them their salads. I hadn't thought about that at first. Honestly though, making the reptile salads is one of my favorite morning duties at work, makes me feel like a chef ? ?

Back
Top Bottom