Is my chameleon dying

Whats the basking themp?
Whats the midrange temp?
What supplements do you use? Calcium w/o d3? Calcium with d3? Multivitamins?
How often are you misting? You you have a mister? Or dripper?

Is your uvb light a linear t5 or just a reg bulb? If a t5 is it a 5.0 reptisun?

Also how far are your lights in inches from baskin spot (distance between basking spot and lights ?
ok so normally with my heat lamp and uvb light his basking temperature is normally around 85 to 90. I have a reg bulb and I used to use a dripper but now I use a mister instead. I make him drink water by getting the bottle of the mister and make it drop droplets of water and he drinks them one by one. He gets misted at least 3 times a day, The length between the basking spot were he is basking right now (he really doesn't want to move because he is sick so I moved the heat lamp to where he normally rests) is around 7 inches apart from the basking spot. I don't use calcium because when I would he would never eat it I used the multivitamins

this is the most accurate I could fill it out
Ok you need to change everything yoyr doing......
You absolutely need to dust yuyr feeders with calcium without D3 everyday....two mondays out of the month dust with multivitamins and the other 2 mindays dust with calcium with D3 this is non negotiable, this is 100% needed.

You need to get a T5 high out put 5.0 reptisun also non negotiable, your cham isnt getting the proper uvb and calcium intake which is vital.

Get a mistking, and have is mist as least 5 times a day for 3-5mins everytime.
You can also use a dripper but not necessary.

Below is a picture of the lught/fixtyre combo

Your temps seem to be good but I wouldbt ever go iver 85F for basking.

You need to rectify this asap, you might still be able to save him, he is severly malnourished and dehydrated

Attachments

• 16020082828805802306323114613181.jpg
    16020082828805802306323114613181.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 95
ok Ill write back once I make all of those changes and tell you if my chams doing better. Thank You So Much
Btw you dont need a mistking but its ideal, you can do hand mist and dripper combo (but if hand misting i would def get a dripper that way he can drink whenever he wants)

Also gutloading your feeders is pretty important as well.
I gutload with apples, dark leafy greens, carrots Mangos

You need to make the changes suggested but
you need to take your Cham to a good reptile vet with chameleon experience otherwise the changes you make won’t matter. He is in rough shape and only a good vet can diagnose and help him.

Yes agreed I forgot to mention a specialty vet for reptiles.

Back
Top Bottom