Is my chameleon dying

My chameleon is 1 year and a half years old. His eye started to become puffy and started getting an orange goop in his eye. We took him to the vet and the vet injected some fluids into his body and gave us a cream for his eye. After the appointment he started to get worse. we took him to the vet again and they injected more fluids into him and gave us this special food for him. After that appointment we gave him that food twice a day for over 3 months and he kept on getting worse. This time he didn't want to bask, eat, nor drink water. Do you think that taking him to the vet was a bad idea

Please post some recent photos of your chameleon please.
Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum too.

This is my chameleon right now. He is the first cham i've ever had. I tried my best

Attachments

• 62360136636__4E43A8BB-0CF1-44CB-8DFF-C999555E95E0.JPG
    62360136636__4E43A8BB-0CF1-44CB-8DFF-C999555E95E0.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 154
We don't have clinics for reptiles here in Frisco. The one we went to only had one doctor that specializes in reptiles. We don't have many options

I'm trying to help you but I need information in order to do it...and it may already be too late...so please answer with as much detail as possible...especially the supplement and temperature and lighting questions.

@kinyonga is very experienced. What she is politely saying is that his care is likely way off. If the vet did not ask about his environment, and test for parasites, unfortunately he did not help much, if at all.
I will assume you are in class and will get back when you can.

Answer the question she she gave, and she can help you.

1.my cham is a male
2.a year and a half years old
3.I normally feed him mealworms and crickets, but when he got sick I gave him the food the vet gave him
I also feed him strawberries once and awhile
4. I use artificial plants, and he has at least 2 places to hide when he is frightened
5. I use the 100w daylight blue zoo med bulb, and the reptile uvb 100 26w

The vet also said he was dehydrated and to take him outside every day for at least 30 min, but I normally take him outside till it gets a bit cold. I mist him regularly 3 times a day and give him water once every 2 hours. Sometimes rarely I forget to mist him so instead of 3 I rarely 1-2

I used to have a real plant but it soon outgrew the cage. I know there isn't many things I could do (cause im only 12). I really appreciate you help :)

1.my cham is a male
2.a year and a half years old
3.I normally feed him mealworms and crickets, but when he got sick I gave him the food the vet gave him
I also feed him strawberries once and awhile
4. I use artificial plants, and he has at least 2 places to hide when he is frightened
5. I use the 100w daylight blue zoo med bulb, and the reptile uvb 100 26w
Whats the basking themp?
Whats the midrange temp?
What supplements do you use? Calcium w/o d3? Calcium with d3? Multivitamins?
How often are you misting? You you have a mister? Or dripper?

Is your uvb light a linear t5 or just a reg bulb? If a t5 is it a 5.0 reptisun?

Also how far are your lights in inches from baskin spot (distance between basking spot and lights ?

Back
Top Bottom