Is my Cham stressed???? Plz help

Chronic25

So I bought my veiled Chameleon "male" at petco about 2 weeks ago and I got him a zilla tank 18x12 and he looks like he's about 2 1/2 months old or 3 months can't tell but when I got him he looked nice and green almost like a lime green color now his like a dark green and some times like a dark blackish green color is he stressed ??? He just started doing that I Handel him about 15-20 mins a day but I haven't lately bc he looks stressed and the last time I tryed to take him out he hissed n got big n try to bite me his never done that idk what I'm doing wrong I been feeding him crickets s/m and I also feed him horn worms every now and then but I dust all his foods I give him about 4-5 crickets twice a day and he seems to eat them I just wanna b sure I'm feeding him right and I mist his tank when his humidity goes down to 30% I try to keep it around 50-70% and his temp always stays around 70-85 in that range and I knoticed when I mist his tank the humidity goes up for a while then it goes down kinda fast sometimes tho and I knoticed his tank collects a lot of water at the bottom and I take the water out so it doesn't stay there n rot the substrate and I have like 3 plants in there but it seems like them plant aren't getting much light they look droopy ( ficus ) i turn of the lights n heat lamp at 7:30ish - 8pm he has a mini dope with a 5.0 zilla UVB and he's using a LED white heat lamp it came with about 50w
I just wanna know if I'm doing something wrong or what I'm doing right I don't wanna kill him or make him stressed out I want him as happy as he can be, so please let me know thanks

Ps he also goes down to the ground and try's to dig I feel like he's trying to escape!? Idk if that's normal

I understand ur concern of ur newly 2weeks old cham.....maybe he is still trying to get used to his new environment therefore he is trying to get out by digging,I dont think u are doing anything wrong on purposely, have u try to read the forum veiled care sheet with all their basic needs? If u did that is a plus.u will have to make sure all ur set up are within the guidelines...tempature supplements schedule etc so on solve the problems by identifying the cause.
I knoticed his tank collects a lot of water at the bottom and I take the water out so it doesn't stay there n rot the substrate and I have like 3 plants in there but it seems like them plant aren't getting much light
u already sense the problem now u will need to find the solution (drainage,misting schedules,lights n possibly a screen cage to replace the tank)
Empower urself with the knowledge my friend:)

I understand ur concern of ur newly 2weeks old cham.....maybe he is still trying to get used to his new environment therefore he is trying to get out by digging,I dont think u are doing anything wrong on purposely, have u try to read the forum veiled care sheet with all their basic needs? If u did that is a plus.u will have to make sure all ur set up are within the guidelines...tempature supplements schedule etc so on solve the problems by identifying the cause.
u already sense the problem now u will need to find the solution (drainage,misting schedules,lights n possibly a screen cage to replace the tank)
Empower urself with the knowledge my friend:)
Thanks and I did a lot of research so that's a plus I also have a book on chameleons care book but he just looks unhappy I just wanna make sure I was doing things right

Thanks and I did a lot of research so that's a plus I also have a book on chameleons care book but he just looks unhappy I just wanna make sure I was doing things right
Ur more than welcome,life is a learning process,all I can suggest is take one step at a time,we are all here to learn try type the keyword on "plants" "lighting" and "new chameleon " in the forum search,u might just found ur solution by doing the reading.

Back
Top Bottom