Is my cham secretly a cow?

pieter089

This morning, after a light rain shower, I put my Veiled in the sun outside and took him out and placed him on the grass so he could lick up sum rain water from the lawn(non toxic no pesticides or fertilizer) as he likes to do. He was drinking for about 30min walking around and licking up droplets, then he bit a piece of grass, snapped it off and swallowed it...wtf!:eek:

something tells me that your cage thats coming on friday needs to be cancled, and you need to start building a milking parlour LOL :D

I hear that veileds are known to eat vegitation, usually leaves , flowers & fruit ,so he was probably just checking to see how tasty the grass is...

I hear that veileds are known to eat vegitation, usually leaves , flowers & fruit ,so he was probably just checking to see how tasty the grass is...

I think he might have liked it, should I stop him from eating it coz he just took another bite about half an hour ago:confused:

My veiled loves veggies! He gets them every day and crickets only every other day. No reason to stop him from eating grass that I can think of. In fact if you want to further encourage this behavior, because it is very normal for veileds to like veggies and is a great way to give them more nutrition directly, the link in my signature is a chart of the nutritional value of many commonly available fruits and veggies. Aim for those higher in calcium than phosphorus and avoid goitrogens and oxalates. Even some panthers are known for enjoying salad. :)

Veileds will eat anything. But if that is a cow you had better up the food intake or you will get very little milk.

Don't let him eat the grass!

Give him clean greens, otherwise we don't know what he's ingesting...

But, greens are normal. My lil guy loves the Pothos plant! :D

My veiled loves veggies! He gets them every day and crickets only every other day. No reason to stop him from eating grass that I can think of. In fact if you want to further encourage this behavior, because it is very normal for veileds to like veggies and is a great way to give them more nutrition directly, the link in my signature is a chart of the nutritional value of many commonly available fruits and veggies. Aim for those higher in calcium than phosphorus and avoid goitrogens and oxalates. Even some panthers are known for enjoying salad. :)

I am going to check that out thanks

I know of them eating things like hibiscus and pathos, but eating grass was not something I though he would be interested in, although I don't think it can harm him(being all natural) I am going to try some greens suggested by ferretinmyshoes and maybe if he's satisfied he won't want to eat grass.

This chameleon is eating grass in Africa, not like eating grass in Chicago. I don't think they would use any kind of pesticides where Pieter lives. jmo

now do you have any info on chameleons to eat??? or does anyone know cause i just feed my guys crickets silk horn and butterworms they don't seem to like meal worms.

my veiled loves friuts and veggies, my dog however loves the grass LOL

Ditto, my two dogs seem to eat nothing but grass especially when out walking, i was thinking about changing there names to Daisey and Buttercup ( i wonder how much i can get for a pint of dog juice?) LOL :D

My little guy has been known to eat some of the same crap I gutload my crickets with such as collared greens. They do like veggies. Definitely good to offer it, though some may not eat it.

Back
Top Bottom