Is my Cham crying?

Xenocrypted01

My Cham loves being taken out of his cage, and he either sits on top of my head/shoulder, or roams my bedroom. When I go to put him back, he always climbs up my arm, trying to get back on my shoulder/head. I had found this strange because anywhere I read says that they dont like being handled, but I got used to it. But that's not why I'm on here, Yesterday I left my house for half an hour to pick up feeder crickets for him, my baby beardie and my two sun skinks. I left Loki (my cham) on a branch I keep by his cage. When I got back he was still sitting there, but there was a stream of water running from his eye. When I walked up to the branch, he put his two front arms out and grabbed onto my shirt and started climbing. Is my cham lonely? Is there anything wrong with him?

Chameleons are solitary creatures for the most part, so I don’t think your Cham is lonely. Sometimes if the cage isn’t big enough they will want to come out more or it could be you just have a curious Cham that sees you as a giant moving tree lol. Is there anyway you can post pics of your enclosure and the eye that was dripping? The eye thing seems highly unusual and could be something serious.

My Cham loves being taken out of his cage, and he either sits on top of my head/shoulder, or roams my bedroom. When I go to put him back, he always climbs up my arm, trying to get back on my shoulder/head. I had found this strange because anywhere I read says that they dont like being handled, but I got used to it. But that's not why I'm on here, Yesterday I left my house for half an hour to pick up feeder crickets for him, my baby beardie and my two sun skinks. I left Loki (my cham) on a branch I keep by his cage. When I got back he was still sitting there, but there was a stream of water running from his eye. When I walked up to the branch, he put his two front arms out and grabbed onto my shirt and started climbing. Is my cham lonely? Is there anything wrong with him?

If there is liquid coming from his eye I would be concerned.

If he is constantly clamoring to get out he likely doesn't like his enclosure.

If he is getting to get high he is trying to hide/get away.

Please post a photo of the chameleon, the eye, and the setup.

https://www.livescience.com/51061-chameleon.html...
"According to the San Diego Zoo, a chameleon's skin changes colors in response to its emotions, such as anger or fear, changes in light, temperature or humidity."

@Xenocrypted01 ...said..."there was a stream of water running from his eye"...that sounds unusual. Is the eye swollen at all? Only one eye? Do both eyes look the same?

Last edited:
"According to the San Diego Zoo, a chameleon's skin changes colors in response to its emotions, such as anger or fear, changes in light, temperature or humidity."
Pick any subject in the world, i can easily find articles both for and against it. I’ve discussed this several times with both Petr and Bill, I’ll take their advice over a generalized news article every time.

As of late, every time I hear this argument one thing pops into my head.
E947AEC3-7443-4172-8226-DCC6E1C00224.jpeg

@Brodybreaux25 .. There are always two sides to everything and many opinions....I was just presenting what was out there. :)

@Xenocrypted01 ...the grabbing at yourr shirt and trying to climb to the top of your head could be your chameleon trying to move to a higher place to sit. He's not coming to you because he's lonely but because he's looking at you as a safe "tree" to climb I think.

I agree w/ Kinyonga. It sounds like your cham is stressed in its current enclosure and is trying to get to a place it feels safer. I don't think watery eyes are related to that unless he got something stuck in his eye when he was on the ground in your room. Can you post pics of his enclosure?

Back
Top Bottom