Is my almost 4 month old Jackson OK?

Hi. I have an almost 4 month old Jackson chameleon. He will be 4 months on 12/23/14. I just feel like he should be bigger, but he seems healthy and eats well. He eats fruit flies and pinheads. He is about 3-4 inches snout to tip of tail. Hard to measure, he won't hold still. At about 2 months he was about as long as my fist. He is a little bigger now. He was a surprise to use from our female adult we bought for my daughter. We still have her and she is doing great. So I am learning as I go here. So any information would be great. I just wanted to make sure growth wise he is on track. Here is some info on him...

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jackson (not sure what kind), sex - Male I think, and age of your chameleon - He is almost 4 months. How long has it been in your care? Since Birth 8/23/14
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? not often. A couple times a month, maybe 3 times to clean out the cage good.
Feeding - He is eating pinheads and fruit flies. was told not to use vitamins at this age.
Supplements - Not using as yet
Watering - Yes I see him drinking. Right now i just mist the cage several times a day. Sometimes I use ice cubes on top.
Fecal Description - frim, brown and white, no testing for parasites.
History - Nothing just his birth. I did have to use a warm wet q-tip to remove his sack when he was born.

Cage Info:
Cage Type -10 gallon, glass with screen top
Lighting - UVB bulb on for 12 hours a day
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? upper 60's to low 70's How do you measure these temps? with gages on the back wall.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? 40-60% How are you creating and maintaining these levels? misting every few hours or so. What do you use to measure humidity? gage on back of cage about mid level
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? live and fake. I have a fiscus plant in there
Placement - Where is your cage located? living room in back corner, near sliding door but there is a heater there as well .At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? about waist level.
Location - Where are you geographically located? I live in northeast ohio

Attachments

• IMG_5871.jpg
    IMG_5871.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5301.jpg
    IMG_5301.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 207
Don't want to give you false hope, but he looks great to me. However I can't keep them alive past 4 months maybe some of the ones more experienced could chime in. Good luck:)

Back
Top Bottom