Is it possible to drill holes into a Reptibreeze frame?

PlanetRemulak

Avid Member
I’m planning on okie rigging plant mounts on either side of my cage and would need to drill small holes in the frame itself.. although I imagine this is how Dragon Ledges work? I was also wondering how any of you sanitize and repot your plants without harming the leaves/killing the actual plant?

I’m planning on okie rigging plant mounts on either side of my cage and would need to drill small holes in the frame itself.. although I imagine this is how Dragon Ledges work? I was also wondering how any of you sanitize and repot your plants without harming the leaves/killing the actual plant?
My husband and I used really strong magnets! They hold our smaller hanging plants well but I will say the weight limit isn’t super heavy but I keep the heavier plants at the bottom anyways. I used steel wire to hang the plants 🙂

Attachments

• B164275A-C216-4A65-875C-25B6C2799D25.jpeg
    B164275A-C216-4A65-875C-25B6C2799D25.jpeg
    207.1 KB · Views: 103
Oh that’s a great idea as well! Where did you get your magnets? I’d like to try that!
We went to Lowe’s! It’ll be in the section with the different nails and screws. It’s like a super small section but we used the largest square magnets for the hanging plants and the larger circle magnets for the branches. We used J-B Kwik Weld Epoxy to adhere the magnets to the sticks and aluminum square flat like the one in the picture.
Make sure the flat is not flimsy but also isn’t too heavy. We used aluminum because of this and because it was easier to saw through to make multiple bars for multiple levels within the enclosure. 🙂 we liked this idea because we poked way too many holes in the last enclosure lol

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Attachments

• 9083BD0D-895F-4435-8FF2-18C250673DC8.png
    9083BD0D-895F-4435-8FF2-18C250673DC8.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 87
We went to Lowe’s! It’ll be in the section with the different nails and screws. It’s like a super small section but we used the largest square magnets for the hanging plants and the larger circle magnets for the branches. We used J-B Kwik Weld Epoxy to adhere the magnets to the sticks and aluminum square flat like the one in the picture.
Make sure the flat is not flimsy but also isn’t too heavy. We used aluminum because of this and because it was easier to saw through to make multiple bars for multiple levels within the enclosure. 🙂 we liked this idea because we poked way too many holes in the last enclosure lol

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Watch your screen for pulling... That will be more weight then the cage screen is built to handle. Over time the spline that holds in the screen weakens and can pull out.

I do it all the time. I made my own ledges and pre drilled the holes to attach them. Now I use self tapping screws rather than pre-drill.
At the risk of sounding stupid, can you explain what you mean by pre-drilling in this context? I was hoping to drill holes into the aluminum frame large enough to thread zip ties through (I’d have already tried it myself, but I‘ll have to borrow a relative’s drill). Thanks!

I don’t know, the frames on these reptibreeze cages are really thin and I’m afraid all this weight on them isn’t going to hold.

I pre-drilled holes to put on screws. I have also done what you are planing with zip ties. I recently found zip ties that have holes in them so you can attach them to things and then "zip" them up. Pictures in a minute. I have to switch devices.

Looks Like a belt I used to have... :oops:

Drilling too many holes in a thin frame can be problematical. Fortunately, there are other solutions for supporting branches, dowels, & plants.
wooden dowels, vinyl lattice, goat wire fencing, ceiling egg crate, square tomato cage, etc.

Thin-framed enclosures can also be beefed up with aluminum angles attached to the outsides of the corners (be careful not to interfere with the door(s) opening!)

I drill three holes in the top sides of my cages and use them to hand the plastic sheeting that is the framework for my plant pots. I have never drilled in the side pieces or made more holes than that. I also loop the regular sip ties up and over the not drilled frame as well for support. Now that I have these new zip ties I will use them instead.

Back
Top Bottom