Is it actually spring!?

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well, Spring finally hit South Dakota! Thank goodness, I know its not until tomorrow, but I am very excited! So I took some pictures! I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to see how Spring is hitting your area! Take pics and post them here! Bring on the Sunshine! :D

The first picture is of my yard. (pretty huh :rolleyes: )
The second picture is of my driveway. Its all flooded and we don't want our feet wet so we went out and got some free pallets so we can access the car! This is how it always looks after it rains :eek: (yet another gorgeous site :rolleyes: )

Enjoy hope you will all like this thread!

Last edited:
It's been raining like crazy, without stoping since 10am today and will not let up till tomorrow morning. I went to watch a Galaxy game this evening and the field was drench in water and the freeways were a mess! Welcome Spring!!!

We're supposed to reach 87 up to 90 degrees at the end of this week and it hasn't even rained so everything is still dead. Our spring has already ended it seems (lasted about 3 weeks) :(

It's raining and it's flooded. Hey, the pallets are a good idea. My driveway always gets flooded. I'm gonna have to get some of those to put on the side of the gate to walk on. Usually I just put my tall boots on and walk through it. The water gets pretty high.

It's raining and it's flooded. Hey, the pallets are a good idea. My driveway always gets flooded. I'm gonna have to get some of those to put on the side of the gate to walk on. Usually I just put my tall boots on and walk through it. The water gets pretty high.

Haha I miss summer. :eek: This South Dakota stuff is getting really old. I need heat to survive! lol. My mom is a cosmotologist and she freaks if she gets her boots get wet! :rolleyes: I am so ready for the summer temps! Bring on the sunburn! :cool:

I was able to go out to work today without my coat on for the first time this year, we are getting some gorgeous weather here lately. lol

Perfect weather here in Kansas, 80 degrees.I took the dogs out for a long hike and saw quite a few frogs.I can hear the spring peepers from my porch too, I love that sound.
Supposed to get some thunderstorms midweek.

Holy crap let me bite my tongue next time before saying how hot it is - rain, RAIN EVERYWHERE!

It was 80 here on Friday but the normal temps are in the 60's and we have had some occasional showers, the buds just appeared on the trees last friday and soon enough it will be cutting grass season (although my helper does cut all my grass HAHAHA) I even bought a iguana cage I am going to modify for an outside enclosure for Icarus.....

It was raining off and on all week and the temperatures were not in the minuses...but Wednesday its supposed to snow again.

The lowest this week is supposed to be in the mid 20's then its supposed to go back to the 30's and 40's :). Right now it sounds like its storming out :3! FINALLY I love the rain!

Also kind of an update: Right now I just seen lightning! :3 and on the news channel it doesn't show any snow! For once its finally spring/summer weather! In like a lion out like a lamb? I guess :)

Last edited:
We had hail today. HAIL!!! That's our version of snow and we don't get it very often. I had to restrain myself because the partners were in a meeting and I really wanted to skip in and announce "There's HAIL!!!" it's that unusual here.

Send some of that rain down here, we are still in a drought!
It's on it's way I think. Hopefully you get some.

We had hail today. HAIL!!! That's our version of snow and we don't get it very often. I had to restrain myself because the partners were in a meeting and I really wanted to skip in and announce "There's HAIL!!!" it's that unusual here.

Yup, you're only a state over. Should have guessed it would reach you. lol.:)

It snowed all night up in the local mountains. It was a cool view to see nothing but white hills. It has been raining on and off all day. And this Wednesday we have another front moving in. That's great for the wild flowers we have in the area...

Back
Top Bottom