Is Huxley really a Sambava??

Lingling

My baby is now 5-6 months old, and growing so fast! And after a couple months of guessing on his sex, it's finally safe to say he's most certainly a 'he'. He was sold to me as a Sambava, from LLL reptile at a NARBC expo. It was somewhat of a mixed lot, so I didn't know what the parents looked like. As he's getting more color, I'm second guessing on his locale. I was under the impression that he'd be more orange/yellow/red than blue/green/red. Now, I know that he's still young and his color is just arriving, but what do you guys think? Is he really a sambava, or something else? Or is it entirely too early to say? I thought maybe someone who has sambavas could compare my little guy to their chams at similar ages.

These pictures wash out a lot of his color, but there's the best I have at the moment. He looks very different during his showers - he'll be VERY blue, almost entirely a deep blue color. Other times during the day, when he's relaxed, he'll have a light greenish color. Is there any way to say what he might be, if he's not a sambava?

Attachments

• IMG_4607.jpg
    IMG_4607.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4637.jpg
    IMG_4637.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 114
  • smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 115
My baby is now 5-6 months old, and growing so fast! And after a couple months of guessing on his sex, it's finally safe to say he's most certainly a 'he'. He was sold to me as a Sambava, from LLL reptile at a NARBC expo. It was somewhat of a mixed lot, so I didn't know what the parents looked like. As he's getting more color, I'm second guessing on his locale. I was under the impression that he'd be more orange/yellow/red than blue/green/red. Now, I know that he's still young and his color is just arriving, but what do you guys think? Is he really a sambava, or something else? Or is it entirely too early to say? I thought maybe someone who has sambavas could compare my little guy to their chams at similar ages.

These pictures wash out a lot of his color, but there's the best I have at the moment. He looks very different during his showers - he'll be VERY blue, almost entirely a deep blue color. Other times during the day, when he's relaxed, he'll have a light greenish color. Is there any way to say what he might be, if he's not a sambava?

I have no experience with other Locales but he doesn't look like my little Sambava. To me he looks more like Nosey Be... Again, it's just my very little experience talking, lol! Here is a thread that contains all of my Sambavas pictures from the day I got him at 3 months old to now him being 6.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/3-half-month-old-sambava-50694/

Does anyone know where to find a description of all the color morphs. I know what Ambilobe's and Nosey Be's are because they're the most common, but I can never figure out what others are.

It's a little late so don't get discouraged about not many people chiming in. Lol! I'm sure you'll get lots more opinions tomorrow.:)

It's a little late so don't get discouraged about not many people chiming in. Lol! I'm sure you'll get lots more opinions tomorrow.:)

Haha, it's okay. It's not a pressing matter, just curiosity mostly. Thanks for linking me to your thread - I've been looking for something like that to compare him to. You're right... he doesn't look much like your guy. It's hard to even tell by the pictures I posted, but he gets SO blue in the shower, and then so many other colors during the day... none of them like Hugh, however.

Haha, it's okay. It's not a pressing matter, just curiosity mostly. Thanks for linking me to your thread - I've been looking for something like that to compare him to. You're right... he doesn't look much like your guy. It's hard to even tell by the pictures I posted, but he gets SO blue in the shower, and then so many other colors during the day... none of them like Hugh, however.

In the first picture he looks Nosey Faley! BEAUTIFUL.:) My little guy has no white's, red dots... He does have pretty blues here and there but not like Huxley.

He really could still be a sambava. That locale doesn't fully mature until two years and it's competely common for them to tart out going through a blue or green phase. I wouldn't worry about it, it's just a strange locale :D But you will be rewarded for your patience.

Mnay panther locales at that age go through teenage colours and often throw out some crazy stuff. ive seen nosey be at 6 months looking like ambilobes and that. Sambavas often go blue and sometimes stick with this colour but do usually go red. Sambavas do take the longest to mature in terms of colour as said above

that's a Sambava. as stated, it is quite normal for him to look that way at his age. he will be fully colored up starting at about 2 years old. untill then, enjoy his current look. it wont last long.

Harry

Back
Top Bottom