Is he just chilling or something wrong?

Colinz

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Nosy be, Male, around 8 months (sub adult) and around 2 weeks.
  • Handling - Very minimal, only recently tried to get him comfortable with me and it has been working not much aggression shown
  • Feeding - Crickets, dusted without d3 (zoomed) every two weeks I give him calcium with D3 and every feeding atleast one- two vitamin without d3 dusted and gutloaded, and between 6-10 every other day. I will give him super worms gutted, silkworms not as often and I give him a hornworm once every week and a half as a treat for being a good boy.
  • Supplements - Calcium without D3, calcium with D3, vitamins without D3. All zoomed Gutload by Rasepsy
  • Watering - Mister zoomed until mist king set up is ready. It goes off every 3 hours for 30 seconds, also hand mist atleast three times a day. Is drinking water
  • Fecal Description - Not tested, the poop looks normal size and healthy
  • History - He was bought from a local breeder who had a female as well as a pair but only picked up the male.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Screen 24x24x48
  • Lighting - 5.0 UVB zoomed and 60w bluelight day light zoomed
  • Temperature -Basking area ranges between 88-93F bottom of the tank is around 75-79. Over night it goes to a low of 75F measured with 3 digital and one dial
  • Humidity - Stays around 60-80%. Hand mister and watering live plants.
  • Plants - Orchids, Ficus benjamina, Schefflera arboricola
  • Placement - no fans or vents close by and is on top of a table. Some people may go past some days other days bare minimum traffic from people.
  • Location - Ontario, Canada

Current Problem :
He is a tan looking colour with red dots all over him, I’m just curious if he is well or something is starting to not be okay. He’s been recently hiding a lot in the tree the last day and half now, will come out for a little bit every now and then. The photo of him walking on a branch was Sunday. The photo of him in the tree is him today (December 18th, 2018) He could be getting ready to shed as well ?

Attachments

• 827DAB33-B860-4C9C-8F62-AC90A8B9EDAA.jpeg
    827DAB33-B860-4C9C-8F62-AC90A8B9EDAA.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 839C92EB-AAA0-4B3E-9632-2300321F58D2.jpeg
    839C92EB-AAA0-4B3E-9632-2300321F58D2.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Do you have pics of when you first got him those rain drops are leaning more towards nosy faly to me but hard to tell in the bush but could be stress

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Nosy be, Male, around 8 months (sub adult) and around 2 weeks.
  • Handling - Very minimal, only recently tried to get him comfortable with me and it has been working not much aggression shown
  • Feeding - Crickets, dusted without d3 (zoomed) every two weeks I give him calcium with D3 and every feeding atleast one- two vitamin without d3 dusted and gutloaded, and between 6-10 every other day. I will give him super worms gutted, silkworms not as often and I give him a hornworm once every week and a half as a treat for being a good boy.
  • Supplements - Calcium without D3, calcium with D3, vitamins without D3. All zoomed Gutload by Rasepsy
  • Watering - Mister zoomed until mist king set up is ready. It goes off every 3 hours for 30 seconds, also hand mist atleast three times a day. Is drinking water
  • Fecal Description - Not tested, the poop looks normal size and healthy
  • History - He was bought from a local breeder who had a female as well as a pair but only picked up the male.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Screen 24x24x48
  • Lighting - 5.0 UVB zoomed and 60w bluelight day light zoomed
  • Temperature -Basking area ranges between 88-93F bottom of the tank is around 75-79. Over night it goes to a low of 75F measured with 3 digital and one dial
  • Humidity - Stays around 60-80%. Hand mister and watering live plants.
  • Plants - Orchids, Ficus benjamina, Schefflera arboricola
  • Placement - no fans or vents close by and is on top of a table. Some people may go past some days other days bare minimum traffic from people.
  • Location - Ontario, Canada

Current Problem :
He is a tan looking colour with red dots all over him, I’m just curious if he is well or something is starting to not be okay. He’s been recently hiding a lot in the tree the last day and half now, will come out for a little bit every now and then. The photo of him walking on a branch was Sunday. The photo of him in the tree is him today (December 18th, 2018) He could be getting ready to shed as well ?
Make sure to only handle him if he asks for it (climbs onto you himself). Make sure every feeder is completely, but lightly, dusted before feeding, not just one or two. Use the Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3 every feeding, Zoo Med ReptiCalcium with D3 every two weeks, and Zoo Med Reptivite without D3 every two weeks. How long is each hand misting session? Is your uvb a compact coil or linear? Basking is a tad high, get it down to 85-87*F, he’s probably hiding because of this. Panthers can handle a temp drop at night to under 60*F without a supplemental heat source (which would be a low wattage ceramic heat emitter), so don’t worry about keeping it warm for him at night.

supplements should be once every 2 weeks for calcium d3 and multivitamin, calcium no d3 should be fed every feeding

misting should be minimum 2 mins 3 times a day

other than that, chams like to hide hes probably chillin in his bush

could be stress from new handling

Make sure to only handle him if he asks for it (climbs onto you himself). Make sure every feeder is completely, but lightly, dusted before feeding, not just one or two. Use the Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3 every feeding, Zoo Med ReptiCalcium with D3 every two weeks, and Zoo Med Reptivite without D3 every two weeks. How long is each hand misting session? Is your uvb a compact coil or linear? Basking is a tad high, get it down to 85-87*F, he’s probably hiding because of this. Panthers can handle a temp drop at night to under 60*F without a supplemental heat source (which would be a low wattage ceramic heat emitter), so don’t worry about keeping it warm for him at night.

Linear, each hand misting is around a minute or more. By handling I’m just having him use to my hand in the tank, he will always come up to my hand and step on it and change his mind, he is getting calcium without d3 every feed with vitamins without d3 and d3 calcium every 2 weeks.

Do you have pics of when you first got him those rain drops are leaning more towards nosy faly to me but hard to tell in the bush but could be stress

Him at breeders, the same day I got him but In the new tank and Sunday (December 16th, 2018) and a random photo from in between

Attachments

• 9B0C93B8-1541-4BE8-A86C-6393D4DC8FC1.jpeg
    9B0C93B8-1541-4BE8-A86C-6393D4DC8FC1.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 90
  • 86A17E03-A96C-437C-81D0-19DEB53989B6.jpeg
    86A17E03-A96C-437C-81D0-19DEB53989B6.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 6667F70F-4095-49D4-8F64-798DF8B83F76.jpeg
    6667F70F-4095-49D4-8F64-798DF8B83F76.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 96
  • 332D21BE-D7F1-4109-9E6F-F9C363C4E829.jpeg
    332D21BE-D7F1-4109-9E6F-F9C363C4E829.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Linear, each hand misting is around a minute or more. By handling I’m just having him use to my hand in the tank, he will always come up to my hand and step on it and change his mind, he is getting calcium without d3 every feed with vitamins without d3 and d3 calcium every 2 weeks.
Make sure he’s getting at least three, if not more, mistings a day for a minimum of two minutes long, but preferably 5+ minutes.

Back
Top Bottom