Is colour change while sleeping normal?

Tnest

I noticed today while he sleeps he gets dark stripes, is this normal? Since i got him he slept in a light colour and only today he started showing colours a few times while he sleeps. This is also the first time he's sleeping on the screen. Is he ok?

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the full enclosure. They get their resting colors at night
I do on one of my other posts, I don't think the enclosure would be the issue cause he has all the proper setup for lighting and heat and is active all day. Tonight is the first night i see him change colours while sleeping

I do on one of my other posts, I don't think the enclosure would be the issue cause he has all the proper setup for lighting and heat and is active all day. Tonight is the first night i see him change colours while sleeping
Which posr? As mentioned they get their resting colors at night ,

Could well be stress looking at your other thread as there is not really any high up dense foliage to hide a nd feel safe for an arboreal animal

Could well be stress looking at your other thread as there is not really any high up dense foliage to hide a nd feel safe for an arboreal animal
I'm not sure how to add plants at the top, should i just add a tall bushy plant at the back maybe? It's just weird because the past week since i had him he seemed comfortable

I'm not sure how to add plants at the top, should i just add a tall bushy plant at the back maybe? It's just weird because the past week since i had him he seemed comfortable
He only seems to change colours if i shine a bit of light on him but he never did this before. I'm just worried it means he's sick or something? I just hope hes ok

Does yours sometimes switch colours while sleeping? That’s what I’m a little nervous about
Sometimes a little more red sometimes more towards white yes, definitely can be different but usually mostly bright colors not like he is during the day

To have coverage at the top, I attached fake plants on the outside of the cage. They are lightweight and attach easy with small zip ties.

It’s recommended not to have any lights at all on at night once his lights go out. it disturbs his sleep and it isn’t good for him. Probably if you added a small tree in his enclosure that reaches near the top of his enclosure, he’ll go sleep in that. Baby chams feel exposed if they are out in the open and it scares them because in the wild they would hide in bushes and trees and you’d never see them. I’d recommend a nice schefflera tree or a money tree or even a ficus Benjamina. Those are all safe for your Cham and at this time of year a lot of the big box home improvement stores have them pretty cheap.

You can put a cross dowel on top of your cage then hang plants from it using the heaviest fishing line you can find and a hook. That way you double up the line have it around the dowel (stick) thru the sreen and hang the plant on it.

Back
Top Bottom