Is CB Reptile a good site?

I’m not sure, but I think Highlighter Chameleons inbreeds/line breeds. Not sure though, just heard some rumors. Their chams are also extremely expensive
Did not know that, I'm going based on strictly his instagram pictures, which is bad. Good to know, thanks.

I had a veiled for 6 years (roughly, give or take) but wanted to try a panther this time is all. I don’t mind doing a veiled again, though. I actually work in a pet store and can get them for discount. We just can’t order any panthers right now.
I would avoid getting one from a pet store, unless it is a local mom and pop shop that cares for them correctly. Your vet bills will most likely be high or the chameleon dies or both if you get one from a pet store (unless store knows what they’re doing is correct and cares)

I’m not sure, but I think Highlighter Chameleons inbreeds/line breeds. Not sure though, just heard some rumors. Their chams are also extremely expensive
I'd like to say that line breeding (when animals share some non-immediate ancestors) isn't a bad thing, and can actually be used to purge bad genes from a line and improve predictability of certain traits if done right. Inbreeding (the breeding of close relatives like parents to offspring or direct/half siblings), on the other hand, is definitely a bad thing

I have everything I need which cost me about $500 and I have a remaining budget of $300 for the chameleon which was the cost of one from cb reptiles.
I agree with others—if your budget is that tight, you're in the wrong hobby.

You say you have everything you need, but do you? What about vet expenses, feeder insects (you'll need a variety for a healthy animal), and unforeseen contingencies?

Let the folks here know exactly what you have, and they'll be able to help you fill in any holes—items you may have overlooked or didn't know about.

Take a look at this thread: Complete List?

I would avoid Highlighter Chameleons as well, I saw them at a local reptile show and they have to be the rudest ppl there. You can here them yelling at ppl as the just have about 5 panther chameleons roaming the display table. I remember I had a discussion with them about their ethics on shoving chameleons inside travel bags for five days and not providing them bigger cages at reptile shows because they want to bring about 50 to the show 🙄

We had a similar experience with a different vendor at a local show. I asked for a business card because I hadn't heard of them before (and they didn't have any), and they chided me for not looking them up on MorphMarket (which I wasn't aware of at the time). On one of their tables was this:
1610640299680.png

That poor beardie was cooped up in that tray for the whole show. Needless to say I won't ever do business with those clowns.

When I started keeping chameleons, I had incorrect information. I bought my female from Petco.... So extremely blessed that she was only there for a day or less.

The owner guy at highlighter has always rubbed me the wrong way in his video/steams on his instagram account, though I did enjoy one where he showed how to get prolapsed hemipenes back in, going to unfollow.

Back
Top Bottom