Is CB Reptile a good site?

Darkjester

And the cheapest? I’m trying to buy an ambilobe panther chameleon and atm it’ll cost me 300 altogether from them for a hatchling and random gender. Before I buy though, I want to know if they’re a reputable site and/or if they’re the cheapest our there.

Thank you! :)

You’ll want a healthy chameleon with clean genes (not inbred/line-bred) from a quality reputable breeder. They usually aren’t cheap (anywhere from $400-600+), but are actually way cheaper than the bill for all of their husbandry supplies

There’s someone named khinchy or similar in the chameleons for sale forums selling panther females for $175 + shipping. That seems really cheap to me... can I trust them? No replies to their post.

There’s someone named khinchy or similar in the chameleons for sale forums selling panther females for $175 + shipping. That seems really cheap to me... can I trust them? No replies to their post.
If this will be your first chameleon, I’d recommend getting a male, as they’re easier than females, unless your heart is truly set on a female. Do you mean khinchy25?

and not trying to come off as rude, just be sure you have the money for the chameleon, and setup. like minimum 1k total. plus some for potential vet costs is good. just saying this because you are asking about the cheapest sites and stuff. totally fine if you just want to save money or have a budget (but still have the money). just not a good idea to buy a chameleon if your asking about this bc you dont really have the money. if that even makes sense.

I am sorry but if your looking for the cheapest chameleon you can get then this hobby is not for you. The cost of the cham is nothing compared to what it costs for an enclosure and everything they need.

I have everything I need which cost me about $500 and I have a remaining budget of $300 for the chameleon which was the cost of one from cb reptiles.

I like panthers but I can easily go with a veiled or a Jackson (though I hear Jackson’s are a bit harder to take care of) if the price is too high. While a prefer a panther, the price gap does not make a panther worth it for me compared to the cheaper species out there is all.

I have everything I need which cost me about $500 and I have a bugdet of $300 for the chameleon which was the cost of one from cb reptiles.

I like panthers but I can easily go with a veiled or a Jackson if the price is too high. While a prefer a panther, the price gap does not make a panther worth it for me compared to the cheaper species out there is all.
All three of these species have different requirements pertaining to temps and even humidity levels. I think you would be better off reading up and seeing what your easily able to provide. https://chameleonacademy.com/
Yeah CB reptiles has them cheaper. And you get what you pay for. So if you have money for a Vet then go with them.

If money is tight you may want to avoid getting a chameleon. Getting started is a bit costly and vet visits are not cheap, and good ones can be hard to find.

I would recommend posting your plans for the setup: cage size, UVB, cage setup (branches, foliage, live plants), light schedule, misting plan, misting schedule, feeding plans, gutloading plans, etc. so you can get feedback. You may realize that you need to spend more on your setup before getting the chameleon. You should have your setup up and running with correct conditions (ambient temp, basking temp, humidity, temperature gradient) before getting the chameleon -- you cannot/should not get the chameleon and setup their cage at the same time/day (not saying this was your plan, just throwing it out there).

I would buy from highlighter or kammerflage most likely if I was to buy a panther again. I bought from FLChams, and I love my boy, but was not completely happy with my purchase experience, and I recall reading that he sells WC's, not sure if this is true.

I checked out CB when I was cham shopping since they are around 1 hour from my home. I asked if I could pick one out at their shop/warehouse (or whatever) but they eventually stopped responding before that happened, which isn't a good sign. I would avoid them.

Good luck

Last edited:
If money is tight you may want to avoid getting a chameleon. Getting started is a bit costly and vet visits are not cheap, and good ones can be hard to find.

I would recommend posting your plans for the setup: cage size, UVB, cage setup (branches, foliage, live plants), light schedule, misting plan, misting schedule, feeding plans, gutloading plans, etc. so you can get feedback. You may realize that you need to spend more on your setup before getting the chameleon. You should have your setup up and running with correct conditions (ambient temp, basking temp, humidity, temperature gradient) before getting the chameleon -- you cannot/should not get the chameleon and setup their cage at the same time/day (not saying this was your plan, just throwing it out there).

I would buy from highlighter or kammerflage most likely if I was to buy a panther again. I bought from FLChams, and I love my boy, but was not completely happy with my purchase experience, and I recall reading that he sells WC's, not sure if this is true.

I checked out CB when I was cham shopping since they are around 1 hour from my home. I asked if I could pick one out at their shop/warehouse (or whatever) but they eventually stopped responding before that happened, which isn't a good sign. I would avoid them.

Good luck
I’m not sure, but I think Highlighter Chameleons inbreeds/line breeds. Not sure though, just heard some rumors. Their chams are also extremely expensive

I had a veiled for 6 years (roughly, give or take) but wanted to try a panther this time is all. I don’t mind doing a veiled again, though. I actually work in a pet store and can get them for discount. We just can’t order any panthers right now.

Back
Top Bottom