Is buying local eggs safe and what to look for

flowerrpal

On monday I am buying panther chameleon eggs from someone, they are local and I was wondering if this is safe? I know that shipping can kill them but I will be picking the eggs up from the person so I will exercise care. One clutch is 1 month along and the other is 4 months along and I was wondering if a 10 minute careful drive would be safe for them. Or if it would be too risky.

Also, what is the average price for eggs?

Also how can I tell if the eggs are worth buying, if they are fertile, etc.

It depends on many things. I would not get eggs that are that far along, you want eggs that have been laid within 15 days, or less. Keep in mind, you would have to provide lots of specific care for the baby, if it hatches.

I have seen them sold as guaranteed on eBay and craigslist. I have read so much about keeping them still and in the same position I have often wondered how shipped eggs could survive. It will be interesting to see what your experience is like.

I have seen them sold as guaranteed on eBay and craigslist. I have read so much about keeping them still and in the same position I have often wondered how shipped eggs could survive. It will be interesting to see what your experience is like.
Yeah, ill be picking up the eggs though so I think it will be okay, I've wondered about it as well but I think because it is little more than a 15 minute drive it will be fine

I once picked up Ambanja eggs a 3 hour drive away. They were already incubated for 5 months. On top of that the eggs has already traveled by plain on the lap of the person I got them from, from the east coast to the west coast a month earlier. I took the eggs home and both hatched! One was female and one male! What are the odds! This is the male!

20180105_120910.jpg

I once picked up Ambanja eggs a 3 hour drive away. They were already incubated for 5 months. On top of that the eggs has already traveled by plain on the lap of the person I got them from, from the east coast to the west coast a month earlier. I took the eggs home and both hatched! One was female and one male! What are the odds! This is the male!

View attachment 198352
Omg that's one of the best looking ambanja I've ever seen

I bought an egg on eBay and it was shipped in feb 2015 and it actually hatched in July. It was a panther ambilobie. I named the baby dragore. The egg was $65. I just ordered another egg that was shipped today. It is a blue Bar ambilobe panther. This one is guaranteed to hatch or they will replace it. Hope this helps.

On monday I am buying panther chameleon eggs from someone, they are local and I was wondering if this is safe? I know that shipping can kill them but I will be picking the eggs up from the person so I will exercise care. One clutch is 1 month along and the other is 4 months along and I was wondering if a 10 minute careful drive would be safe for them. Or if it would be too risky.

Also, what is the average price for eggs?

Also how can I tell if the eggs are worth buying, if they are fertile, etc.

I bought an egg on eBay and it was shipped in feb 2015 and it actually hatched in July. It was a panther ambilobie. I named the baby dragore. The egg was $65. I just ordered another egg that was shipped today. It is a blue Bar ambilobe panther. This one is guaranteed to hatch or they will replace it. Hope this helps.

I haven't ever tried. I always thought it was to risky. With eBay and Paypal the buyer protection isn't usually long enough to hatch the egg so I was too chicken. I have been very blessed to have adopted beautiful chams though.

Back
Top Bottom