Is automatic misting every two hours for two minutes too much?

Benclark

I have the monsoon solo which is great, but the options that make the most sense are every four hours or every two hours. Four hours doesn't seem enough considering I don't have a dripper and would prefer not to get one. I have live plants to the mister helps water them as well. I would like to do it every two hours but I'm not sure if it is overkill or not.

I would say it may be more than you need to mist...is the enclosure dry when it’s misted two hrs later? My concern would be it’s constantly wet. If you get a dripper you don’t have to run it all day. Do you fog at night?

It is most certainly overkill. You only want your daytime humidity to be between 30-50% and ideally you will mist 2 minutes before lights on, maybe 2 minutes midday after you turn off your heat bulb for a while, and then 2 minutes after lights off. So in this scenario you will likely have it set for 2 minutes every 6 hours.

I dont like misting during the day. So after my monsoon mists for 2 minutes in the am I click it off and back on, that way I get a 4 minute misting before lights on. And then 12 hours later I get a 2 minute misting...then I fog during the coolest hours of the night, from 12-4am.

You are aiming for cool, humid nights and warm, dry days

I would say it may be more than you need to mist...is the enclosure dry when it’s misted two hrs later? My concern would be it’s constantly wet. If you get a dripper you don’t have to run it all day. Do you fog at night?
could the dripper run all day?

Chameleons get their hydration through the moist air they breath in. Misting becomes less important if you have a fogger for night. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom