Is a mist king that much better then a hang on Hubba?

if you just have one simple enclosure, probably not worth the difference.

but if you run more than one enclosure...

it's like night and day. the mistking is the real deal. the habba spit is ok on small enclosures but you have to tinker with it a lot to get it to work right...even then it's not worth it in my book.

Harry

The Habba Mister kinda sucks, it is very loud and the misting nozzles are bad.

If you intend to get more chameleons it would be a very wise investment to get a Mist King. The starter kit is $100 and can handle up to 10 mister nozzles (comes with 1). On top of that you can get different nozzles depending on what you need.

it's like night and day. the mistking is the real deal. the habba spit is ok on small enclosures but you have to tinker with it a lot to get it to work right...even then it's not worth it in my book.

Harry

hahah harry.. hubba spit. you're a funny man. i would rather pay the $99.99 on mistking.com (pump, nozzle, tube, timer) than pay almost the same prices for a Hubba S*** lol. an i would deffinately spend the extra for the larger system instead of buying 2 hubba s***s lol. im with harry on this one, deffinately not worth it unless you have a small set up that requires hose-like sprays than fine mists. im sure it would work eill for newts, firebelly frogs, or other types of amphibians, but not chameleons

see the exo-terra monsoon looks like a very great product, but for that marketing rip-off still isnt even worth it compared to diaphragm pump misting systems. 180$ is roughly the exact same price as an ultimate mistking set up, and you know it will run longer than a year or so. im sure i would be very pleased with the monsoon seeing how fine the mist is, but the nozzles aren't adjustable, you can only hook it up to one reservoir ( the one it comes with ) so in that case, where did my 180$ go?

I'm getting a monsoon from a friend and plan on replacing the nozzle with a mistking nozzle....anyone else think thats a good idea?

I have never tried the habbamist because of the negative reviews on it. Instead, I just took the plunge on the automated mistking system.

After a year of having it, I love it. It is so simple and unbelievably bullet proof. I am sure that by saying this, I will have voided any sort of warranty, but I can't tell you the number of times that I have had it run dry. Every now and then, I'll forget to refill the water source tank for a day and it runs through three cycles dry. And every time, I fill it back up and it runs just as well as before.

SO in short, is it worth it? Definitely.

Where is the reservoir pictured?

The reservoir is whatever you make it. It isn't something that is included in the kit.

I used a Rubbermaid three drawer storage container. The top drawer is where my drain goes to. The middle drawer is my fresh water source. The bottom drawer is where my pump is housed.

I'm getting a monsoon from a friend and plan on replacing the nozzle with a mistking nozzle....anyone else think thats a good idea?
im not sure you would be able to attach mistking nozzles to this.

The reservoir is whatever you make it. It isn't something that is included in the kit.

I used a Rubbermaid three drawer storage container. The top drawer is where my drain goes to. The middle drawer is my fresh water source. The bottom drawer is where my pump is housed.

this is an excellent idea, is it mess-free?

Dont they both use 1/4" RO tubing?

couldn't tell you. but it can be done and work if both had the same connector ends and size.
i.e the monsoon can have a male output where the mistking, you put the tubing inside the nozzle hookup.

it could work. but the MistKing pumps in PSI, where the hubbamist and monsoon more likely run GPH. thus the mist may not come through properly through the bigger mistking nozzles , but in rain-like motions (hubbamist)

but the nozzles aren't adjustable

They sure are adjustable. 2 nozzles are included as well.
I paid $100 at the show & it's a pretty solid unit. Timer is precise & it looks good being an all-in-one system.
At the moment, no complaints at all.
$120 is retail & LLL has them for $109.

BTW Habba mister is a waste for any open cage over 18" & the thing is LOUD.
A standard hand mister would be more useful.

Dont they both use 1/4" RO tubing?

Habba mister uses air-line hose, which is the same size as RO tubing.

it could work. but the MistKing pumps in PSI, where the hubbamist and monsoon more likely run GPH. thus the mist may not come through properly through the bigger mistking nozzles , but in rain-like motions (hubbamist)

I agree. The Monsoon pump may not be powerful enough to supply a proper mist through a Mistking Nozzle.
We can try it next week though ;)

Yes

Mist king all the way just dish out the dough it will pay for itself over time.....my habbamist is a door stop plus other cheaper misters start leaking and stuff.

Habba-mist sucks, in my opinion. Had one, don't recommend it. You might as well spit on ur chams and get the same effect. I have an Aqua-Zamp system and I just love it. What I like about it is that he is located in the USA and sells a product which is manufactured in the USA. Shipping is fast and the products are NSF certified and have factory warranty. Another thing I like about it is that it comes with a 4 gallon reservoir. They are the original makers of the RainDome
_MG_6561.jpg
. Just throwing another option out there!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom