Is a 100 watt PowerSun Mercury Vapor bulb ok to use for veiled chamelons?

For a baby? I would think no. For an adult probably still not, with few exceptions. Why not just use a regular low watt bulb, and tube bulb? Tried, true, and safe!

My mom wouldn't listen to me the "breeder" kept suggesting it and my mom was being dumb so we had to get it :( will my cham be ok?

It's better to have UVB source and heat source separated because you can place the UVB lamp at the ideal distance to baskingspot (usually 12") and adjust the wattage/distance of the basking bulb to do the basking spot to get the ideal temperature.

Them vapor bulbs are great for desert type reptiles that require a lot of UVB and heat and for few other situations.
I'm using a 80Watt vapor bulb for my Varanus Acanthurus and placed at the ideal distance as recommended on it's packaging it gives 104F - 108F on the baskingspot.

That power sun is a strong bulb but not ideal for a cham. In order to get the temps correct you would have the bulb too far away from the cham for it to bennifit from the UVB rays. If you have the bulb nice and close then it's too hot for the cham and you'll dehydrate the little guy. Thats why we use separate bulbs

I'm using a similar bulb for a cage that is 6 feet deep and 5 feet long, I don't have any experience with the power sun but it's probably too powerful for a smaller cage.

Back
Top Bottom