iPad 2

From what I'd read it's thinner, faster and lighter than the first one. But what I don't like is, the second you buy one - or anything else - there is a new version coming out...I don't have one, but love my iPhone!

Husband ordered one for me, our Anniv is 3/15. Delivery date for the ipad is 3/8. Took me forever to learn this mac when he "gifted" me with it last year. He loves to get me gadgets - here we go again.:confused:

Is the price going to drop any? No? Didn't think so. When will a student-friendly price come out?

I think I might invest in one, if I really like it. I have used one and its nice, but is it necessary to get?. There is talk that after next year with out last year with our current Apple MacBook computers for our school that they might invest in the iPad for the students. I see it as a bad thing. not all the time they will hook up to the internet for you, especially if you have to do a project on it. just my thoughts. :) but I do like it!

yeah totally a luxury, but a useful luxury. a great alternative to a laptop. most people only surf the web and check emails anyways. i give it a thumbs up, especially with the new faster dual core processor.

I'm getting one to replace my laptop that's dying a slow, tragic death. The ipad2 is faster, lighter, has better hardware and is the same price, which is far cheaper than any laptop. And the programs I'm interested in are much cheaper for the ipad than they are for regular computers. With the variety of apps available too I may not even need as many full programs so I don't think the price is at all a limitation given what you get for it compared to what you'd have to spend on something else to get the same. Sounds like a decent upgrade to me, I'll let you know how I like it. ;)

It's true that if I had a decent laptop to use then I wouldn't even consider it becuase it's basically just a big toy if you don't "need" it.

Is the price going to drop any? No? Didn't think so. When will a student-friendly price come out?

Please don't say drop and IPad in the same sentence. :eek:

I love mine and use it all the time. No way I could afford to upgrade to a new one though.

LOL. iDrop'd it so now it's a nice iPaperweight

LOL,Could be an iDoorjam or iTrash as well. I am not a huge fan of Mac products. When I was in college we were forced to use them and they next to never worked properly (maybe 1 or 2 weeks out of the 3 years I used them).

I prefer desktop PCs because I like building my own computers (no crappy Dells or HPs for me) that rock. My current machine is an AMD Quad Core 2.5Ghz, ASUS motherboard , 16 Gigs DDR3 Ram, 1.5TB SATA Harddrive, Dual Crossfire ATI Radeon 3800 Graphics cards. I am in the planning for my next update now thinking about going with a 6 Core and new Graphics cards.

The best thing about the iPad2 is that the iPad 1 is finally affordable. Prices dropped in Canada for the iPad1 $100. You can even buy one refurbished for $360 (and you can't really tell it is Refurbished).

LOL,Could be an iDoorjam or iTrash as well. I am not a huge fan of Mac products. When I was in college we were forced to use them and they next to never worked properly (maybe 1 or 2 weeks out of the 3 years I used them).

I prefer desktop PCs because I like building my own computers (no crappy Dells or HPs for me) that rock. My current machine is an AMD Quad Core 2.5Ghz, ASUS motherboard , 16 Gigs DDR3 Ram, 1.5TB SATA Harddrive, Dual Crossfire ATI Radeon 3800 Graphics cards. I am in the planning for my next update now thinking about going with a 6 Core and new Graphics cards.

true, but the average person doesnt need a quad core or beyond. i've always wanted to learn how to build my own computer. do you run windows or linux?

Yay Asus! I have an Asus, but not custom. I buy premade stuff because I'm lazy/want things now. AHORRA!

The best thing about the iPad2 is that the iPad 1 is finally affordable. Prices dropped in Canada for the iPad1 $100. You can even buy one refurbished for $360 (and you can't really tell it is Refurbished).

just noticed that. may pick up the first one for 399.

LOL. iDrop'd it so now it's a nice iPaperweight
iPhil just iLaughed lol that was funny syn.

i personally do not think there is any benifit to ipads if you have a laptop or pc, the iPads are great, but iPhone is much better and convienient if you want portability. jmho.

iPhil just iLaughed lol that was funny syn.

i personally do not think there is any benifit to ipads if you have a laptop or pc, the iPads are great, but iPhone is much better and convienient if you want portability. jmho.

That's funny. Tell that to the millions of people that have them and the millions more that will be getting them. I bought a laptop at the same time I bought my iPad. I have hardly used it at all. It's got to be easier to surf the web on a pad then a phone.

people are just extravagant, what is the need for a laptop and an iPad? i just dont understand that, lol. im not trying to be rude or anything, hell if you can afford it, than why not? i'd prob have one too. i just dont really know what is so benefical about the iPad, when a laptop can cost less and do so much more.. :confused:

That's funny. My experience is the exact opposite. My Macs, and the ones that I used in college work all the time everytime, but the PCs that I'm forced to use at work never function properly. There is always something wrong with them or the network. I despise them with a passion. I only have Mac and Linux at home.

Back
Top Bottom