Introductions

Ooo yay! It’s been awhile since I’ve seen this thread! Hi again everyone! My name is Mia and I live in Colorado! I’ve been a member on this forum since the end of 2021 when my girl fell into my care! I’m current a student about to head off to college (eek scary).

I’ve loved reptiles ever since I got my girl Nachito but my main hobby is bird identification and photography!

Resized_20231014_121123.jpeg

69664079455__9D0AC4D4-0E10-408C-9634-2537AAEF6C11.jpeg

IMG_7734.jpeg
I’m at work, and I don’t have any other recent pictures … but I felt called out 😂 my names Bethany (Beppo was a childhood nickname) I’m an animal lover, I have two pugs, 1 bearded dragon, one box turtle and one chameleon… although I’d love to have more… specifically a parsons, one day.

Attachments

• IMG_5138.png
    IMG_5138.png
    530.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7222.jpeg
    IMG_7222.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7562.jpeg
    IMG_7562.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 354563I’m at work, and I don’t have any other recent pictures … but I felt called out 😂 my names Bethany (Beppo was a childhood nickname) I’m an animal lover, I have two pugs, 1 bearded dragon, one box turtle and one chameleon… although I’d love to have more… specifically a parsons, one day.
Yay and thank you! See, now I was thinking that you are a guy. It’s nice to officially meet you Bethany/Beppo. 🥰 I love your other critters! I adore pugs and yours are adorable! 🤗

Yay and thank you! See, now I was thinking that you are a guy. It’s nice to officially meet you Bethany/Beppo. 🥰 I love your other critters! I adore pugs and yours are adorable! 🤗
Aww thank you! So are you 🥰 it’s funny how we picture people before we see them even funnier in this case because you thought I was a man 😂

Aww thank you! So are you 🥰 it’s funny how we picture people before we see them even funnier in this case because you thought I was a man 😂
I did the exact same thing (I have to admit it’s an unintended bias that I assume more reptile keepers are male - probably as my brother and husband started my obsession).

I’m so excited to meet so many female keepers in the hobby!!

Yo-ha! I'm Eliza, I was not creative with my username in anyway shape or form...I'm pretty sure I made it in a rush because I was low-key freaking out about my chameleon.....as I usually do.....🤣

I work at a diagnostic and stabilization program for adults who have questions regarding their mental health (specifically what is occurring and why). We work with individuals who have been suffering with mental illnesses most of their lives and no longer have hope that they can live a meaningful, fulfilling life. This place has my heart. I am so honored to be able to be a part of their team and be able to watch these adults come in at the lowest points of their lives and walk out with so much light and excitement about the future. It very much is a reminder that there are still some good people out there in this crazy world.

If I'm not working or hanging out with all my chameleons or my chameleon peeps (ya I'm talking to you), I'm gardening in my yard, hanging out with my other animals and my family. I have two dogs named Yoda and Jyn. A hamster named Winter and a crested gecko named Hagrid, who is a rescue and has health problems, unfortunately. Besides my chameleon-babies, I probably enjoy keeping my hamster the most. He is in a large enclosure that allows him to engage in many behaviors that we would see in hamsters in the wild. I am working on getting to that point with my chameleons as well, however I still have a lot of growing to do to get to that point.

My family and I are always trying out new hobbies to see what interests us. We currently love rollerskating at one of those old-school skating places, going on nature walks and bee keeping. We plan on trying out stargazing and bird watching (thanks to @Ghostbirb) while we camp this summer around various national parks. I also love painting murals on my walls and playing the piano.

I feel very lucky to be a part of this community, I love the friendship, kindness, and compassion that I have found here. It may surprise you to hear that my camera roll is all chameleons, my dogs and my child so here is an older pic with me and my bestie, I'm on the right and fun fact, we are married to twins and our kids look like siblings.

Attachments

• IMG_8939.jpg
    IMG_8939.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8920.jpg
    IMG_8920.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8938.jpg
    IMG_8938.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7447.jpg
    IMG_7447.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6575.jpg
    IMG_6575.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1
Yo-ha! I'm Eliza, I was not creative with my username in anyway shape or form...I'm pretty sure I made it in a rush because I was low-key freaking out about my chameleon.....as I usually do.....🤣

I work at a diagnostic and stabilization program for adults who have questions regarding their mental health (specifically what is occurring and why). We work with individuals who have been suffering with mental illnesses most of their lives and no longer have hope that they can live a meaningful, fulfilling life. This place has my heart. I am so honored to be able to be a part of their team and be able to watch these adults come in at the lowest points of their lives and walk out with so much light and excitement about the future. It very much is a reminder that there are still some good people out there in this crazy world.

If I'm not working or hanging out with all my chameleons or my chameleon peeps (ya I'm talking to you), I'm gardening in my yard, hanging out with my other animals and my family. I have two dogs named Yoda and Jyn. A hamster named Winter and a crested gecko named Hagrid, who is a rescue and has health problems, unfortunately. Besides my chameleon-babies, I probably enjoy keeping my hamster the most. He is in a large enclosure that allows him to engage in many behaviors that we would see in hamsters in the wild. I am working on getting to that point with my chameleons as well, however I still have a lot of growing to do to get to that point.

My family and I are always trying out new hobbies to see what interests us. We currently love rollerskating at one of those old-school skating places, going on nature walks and bee keeping. We plan on trying out stargazing and bird watching (thanks to @Ghostbirb) while we camp this summer around various national parks. I also love painting murals on my walls and playing the piano.

I feel very lucky to be a part of this community, I love the friendship, kindness, and compassion that I have found here. It may surprise you to hear that my camera roll is all chameleons, my dogs and my child so here is an older pic with me and my bestie, I'm on the right and fun fact, we are married to twins and our kids look like siblings.
I love what you do for work 🥺🫶🏻 much respect. And nice to see your beautiful face ☺️

Wow you blew us out of the water with your introduction! I feel like I’ll have to go back and add more 😂

You may not think your username is unique but there was less guesswork as to who you could be 🤣

Also, I love all your animals 😍

Wow you blew us out of the water with your introduction! I feel like I’ll have to go back and add more 😂

You may not think your username is unique but there was less guesswork as to who you could be 🤣

Also, I love all your animals 😍
Lol I talk a lot. If you look at all my posts I make on here its like a chapter books on my chameleons....

Yay!!! Look at all those adorable little animals! I love your hamster! I can’t wait for you guys to go birdwatching!

Back
Top Bottom