Introductions

Hello! I'm Em. I was given the link to this thread by @AmandaS and had the pleasure of reading all your posts over the last few years. I am going to stick with the Halloween theme and show a little bit of my sinister side 😈 Muah Ha Ha!
chuck.jpg

Hello! I'm Em. I was given the link to this thread by @AmandaS and had the pleasure of reading all your posts over the last few years. I am going to stick with the Halloween theme and show a little bit of my sinister side 😈 Muah Ha Ha!
View attachment 321606
It is so nice to meet you, and I LOVE your photo editing skills! Very nice job on that knife black box you have there!

Hey everyone! My name is Miguel Mendez. I am 23 years old and have been keeping chameleons for close to four years now.

I'm absolutely captivated by reptiles and amphibians! I like exploring the outdoors and looking for these beautiful creatures. But nothing gets me quite as excited as chameleons.

This community has been really great to me, so I thought I'd officially show my face.

If you are reading this, YOU are making the world a better place. Instead of yelling at people to do their research, you help them out--no questions asked. This is the kind of world I want to live in.

Just keep being amazing! No matter how insignificant you feel, you are making a difference. By simply being here on this forum, you are showing the world that we can be humane towards strangers and towards their animals. This forum, this family, is proof that there is still hope for this planet. Not only are we helping out chameleons. But we are allowing people to gain the confidence to ask questions. So many people in this day and age are afraid to ask questions. They are afraid of being ridiculed by others--which happens all too often on social media these days. How can people get answers to their questions? How can people learn humility when they are taught that its wrong to be wrong? Knowing you are wrong is the first step to being right. By being there for total strangers, you allow them to become stronger versions of themselves. You have allowed me, an introvert, to become stronger.

I'll end with this:

Thank you for everything! You all are amazing! Big changes start with small steps. I hope to spread the fire you put within me to the rest of the world. Lets make this world a better place together!

P.S--It's super nice to meet all of you and see your faces! I can safely say that none of you have anything to worry about! Know that you are beautiful and take that with stride. Never listen to your doubts. You are beautiful, handsome, a pleasure to be around--that is absolute.

20220114_184958.jpg

20220114_185008.jpg

20220114_185049.jpg

20210522_130042.jpg

20201020_183942.jpg

Attachments

• 20220114_185100.jpg
    20220114_185100.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 72
I spent a solid chunk of time reading through this entire thread. This has to be my favorite thread out there! A community is only as good as its people. And let me tell you, all of you are great! I used to be a person who hated revealing my face cause once you do, the anonymity kind of goes away and I felt like people would reject me and see my flaws. But I'm done with that line of thought. You all have been nothing less than receptive, so I feel no regret showing my face.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I live in Folsom, California. And my one goal is to look as good as @Kaizen later in life, but I'll settle @Sonny13! 😉

I spent a solid chunk of time reading through this entire thread. This has to be my favorite thread out there! A community is only as good as its people. And let me tell you, all of you are great! I used to be a person who hated revealing my face cause once you do, the anonymity kind of goes away and I felt like people would reject me and see my flaws. But I'm done with that line of thought. You all have been nothing less than receptive, so I feel no regret showing my face.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! I live in Folsom, California. And my one goal is to look as good as @Kaizen later in life, but I'll settle @Sonny13! 😉
Lol, @Kaizen ? How vein you may be!
You look very handsome, but regardless of appearance, you're one of the most knowledgeable chameleon keepers that I have come across!! And that's what truly matters to this community, and what adds so much value to this hobby.

Hey everyone! My name is Miguel Mendez. I am 23 years old and have been keeping chameleons for close to four years now.

I'm absolutely captivated by reptiles and amphibians! I like exploring the outdoors and looking for these beautiful creatures. But nothing gets me quite as excited as chameleons.

This community has been really great to me, so I thought I'd officially show my face.

If you are reading this, YOU are making the world a better place. Instead of yelling at people to do their research, you help them out--no questions asked. This is the kind of world I want to live in.

Just keep being amazing! No matter how insignificant you feel, you are making a difference. By simply being here on this forum, you are showing the world that we can be humane towards strangers and towards their animals. This forum, this family, is proof that there is still hope for this planet. Not only are we helping out chameleons. But we are allowing people to gain the confidence to ask questions. So many people in this day and age are afraid to ask questions. They are afraid of being ridiculed by others--which happens all too often on social media these days. How can people get answers to their questions? How can people learn humility when they are taught that its wrong to be wrong? Knowing you are wrong is the first step to being right. By being there for total strangers, you allow them to become stronger versions of themselves. You have allowed me, an introvert, to become stronger.

I'll end with this:

Thank you for everything! You all are amazing! Big changes start with small steps. I hope to spread the fire you put within me to the rest of the world. Lets make this world a better place together!

P.S--It's super nice to meet all of you and see your faces! I can safely say that none of you have anything to worry about! Know that you are beautiful and take that with stride. Never listen to your doubts. You are beautiful, handsome, a pleasure to be around--that is absolute.

View attachment 321820
View attachment 321817
View attachment 321818

View attachment 321821
View attachment 321822
Great to meet you Mr. @Mendez you are great contribution to this forums and community with or without a face. Your face will quickly be forgotten once you start to write and swing your wisdom stick, always feels like I´m a noob once I read your contributions. Still I´m not seeing enough about Grommet, Twig, Sunny, Moonbeam and Rogi.

Keep up the good work and maybe, just maybe one day.......😛, but still I owe you one 🤜 🤛

Last edited:
Great to meet you Mr. @Mendez you are great contribution to this forums and community with or without a face. Your face will quickly be forgotten once you start to write and start to swing your wisdom stick, always feels like I´m a noob once I read your contributions. Still I´m not seeing enough about Grommet, Twig, Sunny, Moonbeam and Rogi.

Keep up the good work and maybe, just maybe one day.......😛, but still I owe you one 🤜 🤛
Twig is the best!!! 😍🥰

I'll end with this:

View attachment 321820
View attachment 321817
View attachment 321818

View attachment 321821
View attachment 321822
Bravo bravo good words! Hahaha I use that red hair gel in your last pic sometimes 🤣.

Still digital me lol maybe in a few years
Hi I’m Josiah! My friends call me Joe. I LOVE baseball my favorite team is the dodgers! 15 days till opening day btw! I like football my favorite team is the cheifs! I love hanging out with my friends, going to the movies, dodgeball etc. my favorite movies are Leon The Professional, Rocky Balboa, Creed, Quiet Place, The Village, The Others. Some favorite tv shows are Stranger things (which is my absolute fav), the new wonder years, the mysterious Benedict society, WandaVison. I also love anime like My hero academia, any studio ghibli films, Your Lie In April, One punch man etc.

I'll end with this:

View attachment 321820
View attachment 321817
View attachment 321818

View attachment 321821
View attachment 321822
You are one of my favorite people here! Thank you for all you do in the forum. Keep being you hun because it is special and unique.

I'll end with this:

View attachment 321820
View attachment 321817
View attachment 321818

View attachment 321821
View attachment 321822
Nice to see you Miguel. I have to admit that reading this brought a tear to my eye…so very sweet and true. I’m so glad that you’re here, sharing your beautiful chameleons and helping others. Keep being your wonderful self. 🥰
Btw, I too am an introvert.

39CB3243-3452-4974-8545-C6299E8AF756.jpeg

Lol, @Kaizen ? How vein you may be!
I know! I know! But I mean, who doesn't wish to look like @Kaizen? I mean, c'mon! He's the embodiment of a Greek god!

You look very handsome, but regardless of appearance, you're one of the most knowledgeable chameleon keepers that I have come across!! And that's what truly matters to this community, and what adds so much value to this hobby.
Thank you so much for the compliment and kind words! I'm still learning tons about chameleons. The best chameleon keepers that I look up to are constantly and consistently learning new things and are pushing the boundaries in logical and well-thought-out ways. I don't think anyone knows everything about chameleons. That's part of the appeal. Right now, I'm focused on trying to catch up to these legends. It will take time, and you can't necessarily gain experience from the push of a button, but I definitely want to help progress the hobby. One day, I will reach that goal. But no matter what, the learning will never stop! Sharing my very limited knowledge here is a pleasure. I'll admit that I haven't been helping out much lately, but I still keep an eye on things almost daily. One day I'd love to contribute as much as I am sucking up in knowledge currently. That's when I think it will all be worth it!

Great to meet you Mr. @Mendez you are great contribution to this forums and community with or without a face. Your face will quickly be forgotten once you start to write and swing your wisdom stick, always feels like I´m a noob once I read your contributions. Still I´m not seeing enough about Grommet, Twig, Sunny, Moonbeam and Rogi.

Hey @Sonny! Keeping in touch with you on other social media sites has been amazing! I'm happy to call you a true friend! Though I would be remiss if I didn't say the same: "always feels like I´m a noob once I read your contributions." I think we all are learning from each other. I am certainly still learning from you and all the other forum members. There are so many factors that can lead to positive results and so many factors that can lead to negative results; I just file away each piece of information into a category in my head--noting the important parts, learning from it, trying to find similarities, and move on. It's crazy, I literally know so little. I'm not trying to be humble. That's why I'm glad to call you, along with others on this forum, my friends. It's awesome to have friends that I can learn so much from. Adding up member experience, the forum has a couple centuries' worth of experience. I will take that any day. And I will learn from it. I'm not here to reenact the past, I'm here to progress the future!

Twig is the best!!! 😍🥰
Lol, I have to agree! I love peering into her enclosure! It's truly remarkable to watch a tiny little creature such as herself peering right back at me. One of the tiniest beings in existence, aware of my presence. She's so cute, but please don't tell her I said that! The smallest encouragement and she becomes a parson's chameleon all of a sudden! 😭🤣

Back
Top Bottom