Introducing...

Blink

An introduction is WAAAY overdue. I've been meaning to, but I was waiting until I had acquired more pictures. I've had my little guy for exactly a month today and he's settled in nicely. The pictures are not great quality, as he hates the camera and I try to snap photos as quick as I can without disturbing him too much. So here he is...

P1060654.jpeg
P1060610.jpeg
P1060670.jpeg

His name is Emoji and he is a male veiled and... prepare to be shocked...:eek:... he is 7 months old... He was a runt when I got him! :p He has, however, doubled his weight since I got him, and at least doubled in size! He weighed in at barely 10 grams when I got him and now he is over 20g. :)
Emoji is a shy little boy, but not when it comes to food. ;) If I didn't limit him, I think he would just keep eating until he exploded! :eek: Emoji will hand feed and even crawl onto my arm for his meals. His favorite feeder is super worms (of course...:rolleyes:) and the two runners up are crickets (definitely a classic) and phoenix worms. He's not a huge fan of roaches or hornworms, but he'll eat em once in a while. I think they scare him... hey, I don't blame him! This is a picture of him after a roach flipped over on its back and gave him a little fright. It was the first time we saw him blow up like that.

P1060697.jpeg

He is definitely a creature of routine. He does the same things every day in almost the exact same order. He even goes to his sleepy place (curling up in one of his pothos) almost an hour and a half before the lights turn out. :rolleyes: He's one smart cham. ;)
Another thing that Emoji really likes are his routine mistings. I hand mist (although one of my next investments will most certainly be an automatic mister) and he'll literally come running up to the mist bottle to drink and enjoy a warm "shower".
About a week ago, Emoji's skin started looking a kinda funky and I noticed a little bit of white on his head. The next day he started shedding and peeling all over. He look so crazy and funny. We called him Monster Emoji. Here's a picture that really sells the name. He was stretching his jaw out to try to pop off some shed.

P1060731.jpeg

He didn't have such a good day that day. I could practically hear him pleading for me to help him. :( After the shed, though, you could start to see the faint beginnings of his grownup markings coming in! :D
Emoji is my little cutie and I look forward to watching him grow up even more. I love him so much! I just wanted to show him off! :D

Hi! Welcome Emoji! Thanks for the sharing the pictures. The one where he is shedding cracks me up. It's great to see their colors come out after a good shed.

I have a little runt too, but he is a panther. I have yet to introduce him to the community but will soon. Are you sure yours is a male? I noticed in the first pic he does not look like he has the tarsal spur on his back foot. Maybe it is just the picture. Have you ever had him tested for parasites? Mine had Cociddia and is stunted from that but also is believed to have some type of genetic problem as well.

Thanks, lovelychams! I almost can't wait until he sheds again!

Carol5208, yes, I'm positive that he is a male. His tarsal spur is a lot more prominent now. Your right though, you can't really see it in that picture. We did have him tested for parasites, because that was what I though at first. The test came out negative. I guess his smallness is just natural.

Emoji is a handsome little man. I'm glad you decided to share him with us. I have two little runt veiled boys too. Their names are Amos and Andy. They weighed 14 and 15 grams when I got them and they now they are 78 and 100 grams. They will be a year old next month and they were 5 months old when I got them. They were both loaded with cociddia when I got them and once we got rid of that they started to grow. I feed them all that they want. :D keep us posted on Emoji and his growth.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/great-grand-runt-boys-photos-135123/

Thanks, Jannb! Your runts are absolutely adorable. I think that all of the runty chams should start a club... Lol. :D There will definitely be more pics of Emoji! (If I can manage to get them... :rolleyes: )

Just thought I'd post a picture proving that Emoji is a boy. :eek: :D This was the day before he shed, so his skin looks a little... strange. :p... so does his foot, come to thing of it...

P1060708.jpeg

I travel a lot for work. So when im in long island I goto repxotica. Otherwise I order from Linda'sgonebuggie, redearthworms, or even ebay. There aren't really any reptile shops in nj that I know of. Only thing I ever buy in petland are wax worms

Ok, thanks. It's such a struggle to get feeders here! The only option really is to ship. Wish there was a good local bug shop or something.

Back
Top Bottom