Introducing new plants

Norbert

Established Member
I was wondering how long to wait before introducing a new plant to my enclosure? My roommate is a big plant collector and she says she always isolates new plants for at least 2 weeks before putting them with the rest. Should I follow this same rule for a chameleon enclosure or is it okay to add after washing and repotting? I wanted to add a monstera I got this week for extra foliage. Also got a ficus tree I wanted to see if I could get my Cham to come out on for a cage cleaning since he isn’t letting me handle him yet.

Okay thank you, I’ll wait 2 weeks. And the monstera will be below his basking and UVB branches, he likes to climb to the bottom to hide and look for snacks but I don’t have too much down there because I didn’t expect him to like the lower half of the cage so much.

Okay thank you, I’ll wait 2 weeks. And the monstera will be below his basking and UVB branches, he likes to climb to the bottom to hide and look for snacks but I don’t have too much down there because I didn’t expect him to like the lower half of the cage so much.
Often the bottom gets neglected by owners. I have noticed that if there is enough space and cover they will spend time in lower regions. The network of thick branches from the monstera make a perfect area. Mine explores his too. But he doesn't get into thicker bushier plants unless really startled and he runs.

Often the bottom gets neglected by owners. I have noticed that if there is enough space and cover they will spend time in lower regions. The network of thick branches from the monstera make a perfect area. Mine explores his too. But he doesn't get into thicker bushier plants unless really startled and he runs.
I have vines down there just not too much foliage, he definitely utilizes the vines so the monstera should be fun for him to check out. I liked the thick branches they had to them also :) He likes to hide in his pothos up top since he’s still not used to me. I accidentally over watered the pothos tho because I had my dripper over it so he’s been avoiding it. I felt bad cause it was his favorite plant. 😭 Hoping it dries out so I don’t have to replace it.

We've always waited 4 weeks/a month, because I've read that in a number of places, and I tend to err on the side of caution, but others may do differently.

We've always waited 4 weeks/a month, because I've read that in a number of places, and I tend to err on the side of caution, but others may do differently.
Sounds good! I’ve only owned succulents before I got my little guy so I’m learning all sorts of things with him. The plant thing has been a learning curve for sure 😂 never thought I’d be a plant mom.

Sounds good! I’ve only owned succulents before I got my little guy so I’m learning all sorts of things with him. The plant thing has been a learning curve for sure 😂 never thought I’d be a plant mom.
I have a lot of succulents in my beardie enclosure.
Fortunately, my Missus is the plant expert/mom.

Back
Top Bottom