Introducing Annabelle

PukaKeha

I still havent found Rufus so I decided to keep the female I found while searching the yard for him. Introducing Annabelle
1020585hm3.jpg

:)

wow must be fun to just 'find' chameleons in your back yard haha! where are you from? what species is Annabelle?

OMG, how lucky are you to find such a beautiful specimen in your garden! I love the name too. Don't give up on your other one though...

quick question.. are they native to hawaii or were they brought there and it just turned out the climate was close enough to their natural one that they survived and mass reproduced?

They are endemic to East Africa and were released onto Oahu by a pet shop owner in the mid-70's.

quick question.. are they native to hawaii or were they brought there and it just turned out the climate was close enough to their natural one that they survived and mass reproduced?

I was reading some old MISC minutes online (MISC= Maui Invasive Species Committee) They found a gravid female veiled in Makawao that had been hit by a car. They were searching the area and found a couple more so its possible that there are veiled here too. I dont think they will ever get to be the way Jackson's are though. They are bigger and have been known to eat small birds so MISC will kill any they find.

WOOHOO!!! :D I walked out the front door to feed Annabelle this morning and I looked up into the vines by the door to see if the baby female was still hanging out and there was Rufus!! He was sitting at eye level bright as could be in the morning sun. I still want to keep Annabelle because she is cute and I still wonder about the black spots, so Im heading to Lowes after work to get stuff for a new cage. :D

Back
Top Bottom