Intro

Percy

Hey there guys and gals! Im Stuart and Ive just joined up! I have a 2 year old male yemen chameleon. I used to work in a reptile shop a few years back and my partner saw an ad on facebook for him, the woman was just giving him away with the tank and all the bits and bobs! No doubt Ill be asking lots of questions as time goes on for now Ive just been browsing through all the fantastic info thats already here! :) The people that had him were feeding him crickets and lettuce so Ive started him on some gutloaded crickets, locusts, waxworms dusted with some Calcium supplement. I only picked him up yesterday so I need to get some more supplements at the weekend! He's an active guy, pretty standoffish but he's already allowing me to put my hand closer and closer to him without puffing up and the hissing has stopped! :) I look forward to talking to you guys and gals! Oh yeah and his name is Percy :) He's in the middle of shedding so Ill post pics when he's done, he looks kinda skinny so for now I just want to fatten him up and get him healthy and happy! :)

hello Stuart and Percy and welcome to the forums. There is alot of very knowlegable keepers and good information here so ask questions, use the great search feature and read up so you can give your new buddy the best care.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The
species, sex, and age of
your chameleon. How long
has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do
you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you
feeding your cham? What
amount? What is the
schedule? How are you gut-
loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand
and type of calcium and
vitamin products are you
dusting your feeders with
and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of
watering technique do you
use? How often and how
long to you mist? Do you
see your chameleon
drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly
note colors and consistency
from recent droppings. Has
this chameleon ever been
tested for parasites?
History - Any previous
information about your cham
that might be useful to
others when trying to help
you.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your
cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?)
What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand,
model, and types of lighting
are you using? What is your
daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp
range have you created
(cage floor to basking
spot)? Lowest overnight
temp? How do you measure
these temps?
Humidity - What are your
humidity levels? How are
you creating and maintaining
these levels? What do you
use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live
plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your
cage located? Is it near any
fans, air vents, or high
traffic areas? At what
height is the top of the
cage relative to your room
floor?
Location - Where are you
geographically located?
Pictures of your cage and
chameleon would be helpful.
That will give us an idea of
how you're doing and we can
point out any improvements
you might want to make
before they become
problems later! Everyone
who gets a chameleon starts
off with something that
needs to be changed, even
the experts.

Welcome to the forums Stuart! Sounds like you are really enjoying Percy -- aren't chameleons awesome?! Lots to read here, and a lot of great people to talk to and ask questions of. Just so you know, we *love* to see pics! :)

Welcome to the forums. I have three veileds and love them dearly. They are such a pleasure to care for.

Thanks for the warm welcome :D At the mo he is in a small all glass terrarium with a screen top, its what he came in from the people who wanted him gone ( why Ill never understand ) I will however be building him a good decent sized mesh/screen home with a drip system. For now he gets misted three to four times a day, he's fed in the mornings, he takes about 4-5 adult locusts for now. I have to admit he looks a bit drab and unhappy and skinny right now but Im hoping with the right home ( the tank he's in has stupid boring plastic Ivy and one branch! ) and the right amount of TLC he'll improve :) No signs of any mouth rot or MBD so thats good :) I havent witnessed him drink yet unfortunately but have seen him eating. Ill upload some pics as soon as I root out my camera! Ive only had him one day so far but Ill be making notes of his routine as time goes on!

Back
Top Bottom