Insect shed is here

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
I finally got my shed for my insects. Shipping is finally stable. It will get easier once the shed is finished being put up. I am so insanely excited. My gutload has new equipment to make stuff with that kicks butt. I am thrilled. Have to start repairing my reputation but it will come. I am getting there. Now its about setting up new bins. Getting new feeder colonies started. Prepping, getting more shelves, getting more delis, more boxes, more shipping supplies. Soon i will be up and ready to take orders again full time.

I will also have some new insects that people will be thrilled for. Love you all, my life has been hectic setting up things. You will see pics when done <3

I just never had enough space, was dealing with usps screwing things up, medication changes, and a new nerve pain disorder. Year 2017 screwed me over XD for the most part. I generally had problems getting shipments out on time cause of pain for the most part but ive learned what works best for all of it.

I will have 5 different species of roaches minimum, stick insects, eventually silkworms again, maybe crickets, katydids, snails, fruit flies soon, super worms, isopods, wax worms soon, likely my bsfl colony as well, debating on a couple others.

I also will start hard core in my pet inverts; jumping spiders 4 different species minimum, scorpions, and millipedes.

I just never had enough space, was dealing with usps screwing things up, medication changes, and a new nerve pain disorder. Year 2017 screwed me over XD for the most part. I generally had problems getting shipments out on time cause of pain for the most part but ive learned what works best for all of it.

I will have 5 different species of roaches minimum, stick insects, eventually silkworms again, maybe crickets, katydids, snails, fruit flies soon, super worms, isopods, wax worms soon, likely my bsfl colony as well, debating on a couple others.

I also will start hard core in my pet inverts; jumping spiders 4 different species minimum, scorpions, and millipedes.
How are your baby spiders doing?

All my jumpers are doing well. I lost some due to an extreme cold snap and not having the heat turned on. But most everyone survived so i was pleased. The juvies who were young and but old enough to be seperated were the hardest hit. But jumpers are sensitive to cold so it can be expected to happen.

All my jumpers are doing well. I lost some due to an extreme cold snap and not having the heat turned on. But most everyone survived so i was pleased. The juvies who were young and but old enough to be seperated were the hardest hit. But jumpers are sensitive to cold so it can be expected to happen.
When do you think the jumping spiders are going to be ready to sell?

Cool! I guess I'll be waiting! ;)
Theres plenty of other jumper suppliers i can get you in contact with if you want o.o i know of three who have current babies.

Checked on my halloween hissers tonight, massive amounts of baby nymphs running around, gotta be around 40-60 super young nymphs.

Theres plenty of other jumper suppliers i can get you in contact with if you want o.o i know of three who have current babies.

Checked on my halloween hissers tonight, massive amounts of baby nymphs running around, gotta be around 40-60 super young nymphs.
Nice! I think I will wait and see.

Current time span and plans for feeders that are a positive for sale in the future:

Just bought silkworm eggs again, to finish rounding out my stock. They will be ready after several more generations, so I am guessing around April.

Stick insects are over wintering no current babies.

Roaches are exploding even the new colonies.

Supers are going to be moved to a new set up once I have the shed set up, should happen tomorrow hopefully and I will also have electricity up by this weekend the latest.

Katydids don't expect to be ready for at least 6 months.

Wax worms will be 6 months.

Rehousing snails soon, currently hibernating, should be ready next year.

Fruit fly cultures I am working on perfecting everything so could be a couple months still.

Keeping track still: Will start shipping emergency packages of insects ordered this and next week when ordered off the new list but since shed is still being finished and weather bad/holidays around the corner any new shipments off the list i have decided not to ship out. Snow and stuff on other ends arent hard for me. But when i have a problem getting to the drop off because of torrential sheet of rain and mudslides i generally have to shipping. However i have realized i can get a few packages out still ^^ and allow people to try and reserve.

Electrical paths are being laid, powerbars are being bought tomorrow. Wax worm cultures are one ingredient away from being made. Will be making fruit fly cultures in small amounts as well

Did the shed come pre-insulated or are you adding something inside it? Where I live it is like the artic but I want to get a dettached building so I have more space next house for sure.

Hey @insectovore i am insulating it, its a composite shed, needed one cause I am on the central coast and its either rot or rust with anything else. I am using expanding foam in cracks, and adding an extra layer in some of the walls. I have venting installed that i can cover and uncover but the lowest it gets here is 30-45 for a few hours out of the night for like 2 months out of the year ^^ i have to be careful about using the right insulation that will allow for cool air and warm air to keep it balanced correctly. I also plan to buy a small usb ac unit for our 3 week a year heat wave and also am lining my shelves with heat tape.

I have beautiful wax worm pupaes 8D. So next on the list is to get shipping supplies.

i ordered the three larger UTHs i needed and now just need to pick up one of my surge protectors.

looking into making fruit fly cultures better than the average ones. i have dabbled in this before for my slings and scorps, but i want to get to the point where they have a small amount of supplements added into the medium, bee pollen, moringa powder, cinnamon, and maybe a tiny amount of greens (will be having a couple test batches with the last one).

Back
Top Bottom