so im new to chameleons and everywhere i go to research it says something different (not new to reptiles/amphibians) |* _ *|

heres a few about veiled chameleons

1. what sized cage?

2. what temp should the ground be? what should the basking spot?

3. can i house a female and a male together?

thanks in advance

xxconquestxxchamsxx

Hello and welcome to the Forums. The blog provided to you above Raising Kitty, is wonderful. It helped me so much when I got my chameleon. If you'll just spend some time here on the Forums reading and researching you'll be fine. If you'd like to fill out this info below the forums members will give you very useful tips on your chameleon and your set up. Also, feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Jann

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage construction (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and type of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom