Indoor tree

Weebo

Avid Member
Hey I’m looking for a good indoor tree so my guy can come out of his cage and hang. He always wants to get out but I have nowhere for him to go. Any suggestions? Would have to be something that required low level light. Thanks

Hey I’m looking for a good indoor tree so my guy can come out of his cage and hang. He always wants to get out but I have nowhere for him to go. Any suggestions? Would have to be something that required low level light. Thanks
Instead of having to worry about maintenance for the plant I went ahead and made my own diy hangout Spot. You can checkout the post from the link below. My guy loves it! I use it indoor and outdoor! I place it by my side when laying down, on my computer etc. And he just hangs there with me. He loves it. Another one of my diy projects :- )
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/made-this-for-my-cham-who-loves-coming-out-his-cage.163433/

IMG_20180704_191957_635.jpg
IMG_20180514_173354_715.jpg
IMG_20180428_154456_641.jpg

I actually think the different types of perches and folaige maybe some thick vines and a few dence hiding places ( you have all) would be more stimulating than your common “tree” ...it’s a chameleon condo (y) very nice

Last edited:
Once in a while you find that perfect thing. You just have to expand your "search image" (think outside the box/ordinary). I've created indoor free ranges with a couple of those silk-leaved trees used as decor in office buildings. Big box hobby and home improvement stores often carry them. Check "going out of business" or office sales. Connect them together with real tree branches from the yard. Once I was lucky enough to find a large Ficus alli (lance-leaved Ficus) at a specialty houseplant/garden center. It is a sturdier, hardier species that can do well indoors. Not nearly as fussy as F. benjamina. They are not cheap. This one happened to be mismarked, but would have been worth full price. It completely filled my SUV lying on it's side. Ask a local shopping center or office that has live potted trees where they get theirs or who maintains them. Might give you some leads.

If one nice big tree does everything you want and you can supply enough light, it can work and also look great. I hung a double tube 48" UV fixture from the ceiling overhead, but the free range also had several halogen floodlights around it too. This Ficus grew until it reached 8' tall, almost 6' across in about a year. Had to keep cutting it back. I've also scored bigger sprawling houseplants at moving/garage sales.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom