incubators

Ryan123

okay well saturday i just got a panther clutch of 35 and i was wondering what the ideal incubator to use is??? the temp is 70 right where they are at can i use any incubator???

hobavators work well too... since you'll need to keep them warm a hova might be better... you aren't having to cool since th house can easily cool down...

you also can just put them in a bin and make sure they are not touching each other. The bottom of the bin should be with vermiculite or hatch-rite. When my female lays, i have a bin and it will be ready in a couple days with the vermiculite as it holds moisture well and she is in her 25h day of being gravid

Lol Ryan! you are killing me! its only $130 bux and this puppy is EXTREMELY reliable and can fit a $hit load of eggs! Did you read the dimensions in the link i gave you, trust me if you are going to get an iuncubator, you are best off getting this one!

20 liters - 1,200 cubic inches
30 liters - 1,800 cubic inches

that's a lot of eggs dude so its somewhere between that....i

Just to make it clear a 10'' by 10'' by 10'' cube is 1000 square inches ryan, plus they have 2 shelves so you can fit hundreds of eggs in if it you set it up right. Meaning if you have a 10'' by 10'' container and you can also stack 2 containers on top of eachother, so that makes 4 containers in that thing, LOTS OF EGGS!

Just use a 39.99
chicken incubator it does the job. THESE EGGS JUST GOTTA HATCH THEY DON'T HAVE TO FLY TO THE MOON!

A retipro 5000 will hold 6 7 inch by 7 inch tubs stacked or 12 3 by 6 side by side stacked both size tubs will hold 32 eggs I have 5 reptipros and my clutches average between 26 to 48 i use the 3 by 6 so i can get 12 per

if you don't want to spend a lot just get the Hova....

LLL Hova Special This is EVERYTHING you need..... I don't know how I feel about Hatchrite though... Only two eggs hatched out of a clutch of 32 eggs.... and then only one of those hatchlings made it. But I can't blame the hatchrite really... The bag I got was cut and I think the hatchrite was a bit on the dry side. I have been having luck with my Vermiculite in mini rubbermaid containers.

If you rather go with the fancy incubator... get some containers, vermiculite from OSH or Lowes and mix....

My Hova...

(the moldy eggs were non fertile melleri eggs.... one week after being laid :()
IMG_9721.jpg

With the vermiculite you add water... stir... then squeez a fist full of vermiculite and if it stays clumped together without dripping water you're good. If it drips add more vermiculite to obsorbe the water... if it falls apart, add more water.

IMG_9646.jpg

IMG_9647.jpg

Back
Top Bottom