Bugs on eggs

I do not it's on the screen t5 6% should I lift it? I have some stuff to do it. I think they're under it cause it'd 68 inside. I just put a heat lamp a foot above the enclosure so it's 72 in there now. How far should I lift it 4" above?
Yes with a T5 and 6% bulb you want it lifted 4 inches off the top screen and then branches 5 inches below the screen. This way they will be under max exposure UVI of approximately 6 at the screen when they are screen climbing the top and at the branch it will be a 3 UVI. Otherwise they are being exposed to levels that can harm them with it being on the screen.

Babies this young constantly screen climb they are trying to get to the highest point because that feels safest.

Yes with a T5 and 6% bulb you want it lifted 4 inches off the top screen and then branches 5 inches below the screen. This way they will be under max exposure UVI of approximately 6 at the screen when they are screen climbing the top and at the branch it will be a 3 UVI. Otherwise they are being exposed to levels that can harm them with it being on the screen.

Babies this young constantly screen climb they are trying to get to the highest point because that feels safest.
Ok true. I was considering moving it up cause they were just sitting under it. I didn't expect them to hatch for another month so I was using an old uvb. The uvb is 7 months old arcadia so still has some uvb. Just got my new 1 in the mail yesterday & going to hang it.

Ok true. I was considering moving it up cause they were just sitting under it. I didn't expect them to hatch for another month so I was using an old uvb. The uvb is 7 months old arcadia so still has some uvb. Just got my new 1 in the mail yesterday & going to hang it.
Arcadia bulbs are good for at least 12 months... Either bulb you use you would have to raise it the 4 inches. Babies being exposed to levels right below the bulb could cause failure to thrive issues. the levels right below the bulb are far higher than they would experience in the wild.

Arcadia bulbs are good for at least 12 months... Either bulb you use you would have to raise it the 4 inches. Babies being exposed to levels right below the bulb could cause failure to thrive issues. the levels right below the bulb are far higher than they would experience in the wild.
I lifted it. They're more active now too. ❤️ I thought there life span was 9 months. But cool. Guess I'll just keep using it then.

What is this? The egg was shrinking & sweating. I honestly thought this egg was empty cause I didn't see any veins or anything till it started shrinking. So I decided to cut it open. & it's intestines were out & it's head swollen. 😔

Attachments

• 20230202_181955.jpg
    20230202_181955.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 55
Put heater went out the other night. It's was 60 low 50s in here. Wonder if that had anything to do with it. Got our heater fixed now. Hope the rest make it. 6 more to go. 🤞 this would be 5 that died in total. 2 more were hatching when our heater went out & didn't male it either.

Could you have cut it and the intestines popped out?
I wonder if the bugs were chewing a hole in the chameleon.
What temperature have you been incubating them at?
How do you have the incubator set up?

Could you have cut it and the intestines popped out?
I wonder if the bugs were chewing a hole in the chameleon.
What temperature have you been incubating them at?
How do you have the incubator set up?
Been doing closet method usually between 72-74. I ont think It was the way I cut it. I've done it before. Usually just enough for the head to come out. But when the head looked like this is cut the egg all the way from end to end. Do u think the bugs could of made its head swell like this?

Back
Top Bottom